MF Stupid Deal of the Day = Monitor Stands

Just a fair warning... stands like that totally suck. You need mass in your stands. As much of it as possible. Flimsy turds like that are going to cause more issues than they solve for most monitors.

Just a fair warning... stands like that totally suck. You need mass in your stands. As much of it as possible. Flimsy turds like that are going to cause more issues than they solve for most monitors.

You can put lead shot inside those stands can't you? What monitor stands would you recommend instead?

Can you even get lead shot affordably anymore? Around here they wanted to charge me $50 just for a small handful. I ended up having to go to a firing range to pick up a bucketful of lead bullet scraps to fill my stands, while wearing gloves of coarse.

If you want to effectively mass load your monitor stands, the shaft (insert dick joke here) has to be large enough to hold a decent amount of stuff, be it lead or sand or whatever. If you can only fit a couple handfuls of mass material, then the stands won't be loaded well enough to improve your monitoring situation by much. The Ultimate Support stands are working out great for me.

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/category/Studio_Stands

I think Ermz and Lasse have these guys too. They're a bit more pricey than $29.99 though.