MFVF6 - just a hint :-)

Olddoggie

Alia iacta est.
Nov 28, 2005
Belgium
MFVF6fly.jpg

You seem to like female fronted bands, right? I only know and really like Nightwish (old and new) and Tristania ('Beyond the Veil' and 'World of Glass'). Which are your favorites you would recommend to check out? Is Tarja's 'My Winterstorm' worth listening to?

:kickass:

Yep, i like female fronted bands a lot...since i have heard Within Temptation's 'Ice Queen' i started to search for more of the same music. And to be honest i found lots of bands that are far better than WT...here are some of the bands i find absolutely stunning:
After Forever (Netherlands)
Sengir (Belgium)
Autumn (Netherlands)
Elis (Liechtenstein)
Stream Of Passion (Netherlands and Mexico)
Beautiful Sin (Belgium and Germany)
Delain (Netherlands)
Otep (USA)
The Agonist (Canada)
Mahavatar (USA)
Midnattsol (Norway)
Diablo Swing Orchestra (Sweden)
Sirenia (Norway)
Epica (Netherlands)
Delight (Poland)
Beseech (Sweden)

Actually the list is endless....one of the people that has been a true guide for me in this quest for female fronted music is Justin Harvey. A really educated music fan and in my opinion a true expert in this field. Check out his website, read and learn...

http://members.tripod.com/~JustinHarvey/index.html

Wow, that will take me some time to check out. :) I didn't expect soooo many good female-fronted bands out there...

Plunging into this will be an adventure, that's a promise! And i'm sure it'll be very rewarding, because discovering new music (and art in general) is always like winning a gold medal...