Mic into Receiver Phono for band practice

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
Just wondering how to go about running a vocal mic into a Sony DG-500 Home Receiver ?

The speakers are Sony 3-way 8" pair, JBL 2-way 8" pair, and Bose 2-way 6.5" pair. These and a 500 watt receiver should keep up ok for band practice I think.

Into Phono input maybe ?

Or I have a small m-audio preamp laying around too.....go into that and into one of the audio inputs maybe ?

.........ps. the reason for this is cause I already have this setup and our practice room is too full to add more equipment for vocals.

I once played a bass through a home receiver and he was overloaded with that after a few minutes. Try it. :)

ApolloSpeed said:
Just wondering how to go about running a vocal mic into a Sony DG-500 Home Receiver ?

The speakers are Sony 3-way 8" pair, JBL 2-way 8" pair, and Bose 2-way 6.5" pair. These and a 500 watt receiver should keep up ok for band practice I think.

Into Phono input maybe ?

Or I have a small m-audio preamp laying around too.....go into that and into one of the audio inputs maybe ?

.........ps. the reason for this is cause I already have this setup and our practice room is too full to add more equipment for vocals.