Mic up my amp or get an amp sim?

deadsnow512

Uncle Hacksaw
Aug 31, 2010
California
i dont know what to do
i got an Ibanez TBX150H and it sounds really good i love it, but i dont know if i should keep it and mic it up or if i should get an amp sim. I've heard some good amp sims and they'd be easier to use instead of moving my mac into my garage to record guitar.

I saw your thread on Gearslutz as well.

Get a 57 and mic it!

No matter how much I work sims, they sound pretty good but take a lot of tweaking when in the mix.

While you can get great sounds that will beat most cheap amps. You won't be able to beat a good mic'd amp and cab. It will be bigger, more 3D, and IMO fit the mix better in most cases.

God damn, dude (FF666), why don't you just post your opinion in a more humble way,
here are many guys who get great sounds out of ampsims (like Dandelium) and
if you don't have a good room or whatever you will have a lot of problems
micing an amp at home.

And stop telling that a Marshall MG sounds better than ampsims, if you aren't able
to get good sounds of something like Legion with LeCab and good impulses it's your
fault, there are enough guys that get really great sounds of ampsims!

There's no way a MG could sound like the stuff Dandelium recorded or what some guys
get out of their Axe-Fx or whatever.

haha ok
ya because i'm planning on recording bass,guitar,and vocals and i saw stuff like the line 6 UX2 and all that but i already have a nice stack and a 57 all i need is a way to record them into my mac. I was thinking of just getting like a ux1 because it's got a mic input and i heard pod farm was pretty good.