amp sim + torpedo cab or live

Hankyu

Jul 16, 2014
Germany
I've read that you can get good results with amp sims and the torpedo cab. Did anyone test it? Do you get this air moving feeling what we all missing with amp sims? If so I wouldn't buy a kemper ;-)

I got wos III test version. I thought the hardware is different from the software because I find the software isn't better than any other

Probably... I thought I could save some money with the torpedo cab. I've heard a lot of the torpedo live that it's just as good as the kemper if you want one amp only. And it should give amp sims the touch we all missing when you run it through torpedo live or torpedo cab. But I know the wall of sound software is not that good so I thought the hardware is the secret.

CAB hardware is just ADC, a processor with the same WOS and DAC, while Live adds reactive load.
And for reamping there's a Torpedo Reload with WOS for a PC(DI)-Reload-Amp-Reload-PC(WOS) chain.

The secret is in the understanding of analog cab recording and mixing and mimicking the process with WOS.