Torpedo VB-101 : hardware loadbox +cab/mic/miking sim

Can someone help me decide which unit to get? thanks in advance!
Here is a brief!
1. Firstly, Im not a metal guy but this thread to me had the most amount of information on all the variations of TN
2. I am a synth player/pop producer mostly, and have been playing guitars for only around a year (loving it!)
3. The purpose of my purchase is for 'studio use' only!!! not live!
4. I use Mac Pro/Cubase/PT and RME FF800 along with Neve1073, Focusrite, Trident and Demeter VTMP2A standard preamps.
5. For guitars, I have Strat/Les Paul/Jazzmaster/ and Jazz and P-Bass
6. Amps: MAtchless HC30Head + ESS112 Cab, Roland JC77, Univox U45B
7. Mics and Pedals, other: All the standards and more.
8. Additional: guitar splitter, POD Farm 2.0, Line 6 Pod

I am totally confused as to what to purchase here to get the best out of my existing system with the additional of a TN item. The goal here is to achieve the best sound possible, not slow down the creative process in producing and give me some tone shaping options. I am prepared to spend what I need to (so no need to give me options as this is 'the cheaper' option) to achieve the best sound I can get and not look back. Neither am I looking to 'build towards' ideal sound. I am looking for the best option/solution now and not look back. I also 'want' to be able to do silent recording, mostly at nights.

I am looking to capture ideally 3 audio signals at any given time in tracking (1 is the Raw signal itself for re-amping one day, 2nd is the best TN sound I can get, 3rd is my Matchless Cab sound with one of my mics). I am happy to forego the Matchless Cab recording at night at my place and perhaps take the option of two mic signals from a TN option. Either way, I want 3 signals being tracked at any given time from one guitar player. I cannot see two players playing at the same time whilst tracking at my joint at this stage but perhaps Bass and Guitars could be cool. If there is one Bass input and one Guitar input on say the VM, can these be individual outputs on different channels into the DAW? Can someone explain this process.

Where I am confused is firstly VB101 vs VM202. I am also confused if I should get Live+P1WOS and move forward. I have read the summaries on the TN site and to me, I am still struggling on th exact differences between VB and VM. Some folks say the VM is twice the inputs minus a loadbox, but that means I would need to get a loadbox? fine. However, some say I can go from preamp (not power amp) into VM and from pre and power amps into VB. So with VM, how can I utilize it with my matchless? Could I go from the FX Loop section?

Also, with the software option, could I just go guitar to Neve1073 to WOS? is there a better way to record into WOS? I noticed some going from guitar to a tube-preamp such as ENGL and then into WOS? Is this the same as going into a standard studio preamp like a Neve or API and then going into WOS (ofcourse minus the tubes, but then the WOS has power amp tube options right?).

Ideally, what I would like to do is the following:
Guitar - Splitter (3 signals) -
signal 1 into my Trident Preamp into RME
signal 2 somehow needs to end up at my Matchless ESS112 cab with my matchless HC30 sound
signal 3 Two-Notes sound (great if I can get 2 mic signals out of this!) into DAW.

Can someone please assist me with some directions and summaries and most importantly, the best decision forward?

wow a lot of questions here :)

I forwarded your message to the Two Notes guys, but i think if you want a faster and more direct answer you should ask them directly !

http://www.two-notes.com/en/contact-us/

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=75

hey if you are interested in the vb-101 i am looking to sell mine for a great discount compared to what they go new let me know.

Pm me pls or musicxtn at gmail
Where is the unit located, how long have
you had it for etc? I may as well consider a second at a cheaper price than a brand new...unless the new version that is updated is different? Manufacturer please?

Sounds amazing!! Thanks for sharing your link!
Would you give be kind enough to share the exact chain/s (from guitar to pedals etc to final mic types used?) here? So what you are saying is you went from guitar to PT and then used Amp sim from PT and Cab sim from the WOS software by Two-Notes? Did you use any Tubes at any point to warm signals?

Yeah, I recorded DI guitars straight in to Pro Tools (using the Mbox 3 PRO interface). The guitar itself is not so good, some new asian bcrich with stock pickups, so I think you could get better results with a better axe. Unfortunately I can't supply you with detailed preset's cause I used a demo version of Torpedo and it has already expired. In a chain I used Pod Farm green tubescreamer with common settings you all know about, then Eleven vintage recto model with pretty common setting I usualy have when I use it in a real world: scooped mids to 9 o'clock, bass about 1 o'clock, treble to about 3, presence to about 11, gain to 12. The main thing in Eleven's amps is to keep the volume knob of the amp as low as possible cause they tried to emulate some output sagging when you crank it up but it actualy sucks a lot))) so i kept it at about 8 o'clock and had an instance of trim plugin afterwards to add lost volume. In the torpedo I used some power section 2 6L6's I guess in a minor settings, mesa cab with 4 mics as I usualy have in the real world, 2 SM57's (on axis, off axis) R121 and Neumann on the room or at the back of the cab. The main signal is SM57 others are blended just for a little more texture.

2 Djabthrash
I am talking about the plugins, not the standalone harware units like axe fx. And yes, I've tried em all and consider Eleven to be the best. BUT only a vintage mesa model there, not a modern one. All other amps they have there in eleven actualy suck too. Cabs are also shit. Vintage mesa is great and sounds very close to my 2ch recto, VERY close. And considering that mesa works in my mixes 90% of times I am sure Eleven will work most of the times too. BTW the latest motley crue is also 100% eleven plugin on guitars and I yhink that is a vintage recto amp too. ;)

I may as well consider a second at a cheaper price than a brand new...unless the new version that is updated is different

AFAIK, the new version are the exact same as the old version except for the firmware which is the latest. But you can still get the old version and update the firmware and it would be the same.

@Blacklight_studio : thanks for the info !