Torpedo PI-101 : cab/mic/miking sim plugin

Check my studio page and listen to Khynn or Pulse.

i suggest the following also :

new Veils Of Perception tracks from their new "Black Metric" album, mixed/mastered by Brett - KALISIA (Tower Studios) :

http://www.myspace.com/veilsofperception

"Les morceaux Fallen from heaven et Devil's halo, de notre album a venir "Black Metric" ont ete enregistré avec le torpedo.
Pour les infos, 2 pistes rythmiques par guitaristes:
Pour la gauche, Schecter 7 cordes et Parker et guitare de droite une LAG
Amplis, de chaque cote, un Peavey 6505+ et un roadking"

Khynn sounds pretty damn good! A bit dry but that could've just been the amp/settings/pickup.

Pulse is a bit thin/static-y but that's what the genre asks for to be fair.

Overall pretty impressed, not as annoyed with the unit as before! Still think it's GROSSLY overpriced, though.

It sounds almost exactly like a microphone in front of the amp (you can even use your own microphone and capture the impulse). So it doesn't require more post processing than the real thing. It is quite expensive but it is a high end unit, and the same could be said about a lot of gear, plus this one is not made in China, and it's so fucking useful... You don't even need a cab anymore, since it acts as a load box. Dude, even Michael Wagener is using one nowadays.

is there a cheaper hardware version that does not have the loadbox built in!?
anxious to try this out with my axe-fx.

Michael Wagener said:
I am really critical of simulation boxes, but this one finds my complete approval, I use it all the time.

Source: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/high-end/569048-two-notes-torpedo.html#post6200484

In case people don't know Michael Wagener, one of the pope of metal recording, just Google him and learn your lesson ;)

Also, I know that Richard Z. Kruspe (RAMMSTEIN) has a unit and loves it, and that RUSH nearly used on for the bass on their latest tour (but finally decided they didn't want to change what they've been doing for years at the last minute).

i don't want to use software in this case, need a
hardware that allows me to record the cab signal directly.

i'll write a mail to these guys.

cheers
S.

Yeah dude try using it as a post-recording insert and with higher buffer, not as something to use in real-time to monitor with...

Trying Pi-Torpedo free atm. Sounds rather impressive so far.
Edit:
mmm... I don't know...

I'll help you man.
Torpedo PI-Free sounds like shit.
The same shit than the rest of the impulshits: the free ones, recabinet 3, recabinet 5, amplitube 3, amplitube 17, ownhammer, redwirez, guitar rig 4, guitar rig 500, etc., etc...
:kickass:

dude, if you hate it, than just say it in a nicer way or just shut up, you don't like impulses
and ampsims, yeah we know it, don't have to post it everytime...

Not able to try it atm, not sure what to think about it, the real Torpedo is overpriced imho.

I'll help you man.
Torpedo PI-Free sounds like shit.
The same shit than the rest of the impulshits: the free ones, recabinet 3, recabinet 5, amplitube 3, amplitube 17, ownhammer, redwirez, guitar rig 4, guitar rig 500, etc., etc...
:kickass:

I'm not the most pro-impulse guy around here (just ordered my third 4x12) but you're just being narrow minded here dude.