Two-Notes Torpedo.. to buy? Well lets test some shit to decide!

wow you guys have really taken this and ran with it! this stuff is sounding great! I'll track some better DI's and backing tracks soon and get more tests going! Also I'm going to provide you all next time with a 5150, a Mesa Dual rec, a JSX, as well as possibly a few other amps!

Cool ! If you can fix the low-end rumble issue and provide poweramp out DIs of all those amps that would be awesome !

For those who gave it a shot already : am i the only one who got annoyed with the low-end rumble thing ?

Now i can't help focussing on it when listening to the clips here, and i can clearly hear it on some of your clips (i tried to get rid of it with mic placement/low cut on mine but there was some left still).

wow you guys have really taken this and ran with it! this stuff is sounding great! I'll track some better DI's and backing tracks soon and get more tests going! Also I'm going to provide you all next time with a 5150, a Mesa Dual rec, a JSX, as well as possibly a few other amps!

Wow, that would be AMAZING !
Can't wait to try these :hotjump:

For those who gave it a shot already : am i the only one who got annoyed with the low-end rumble thing ?

Now i can't help focussing on it when listening to the clips here, and i can clearly hear it on some of your clips (i tried to get rid of it with mic placement/low cut on mine but there was some left still).

I didn't care that much about it, and to be honnest I even didn't heard it.
Do you hear it on my clips ?
I'll listen again and pay more attention.

I'm trying to understand what you guys are doing to use real amps with this cab sim, which I'd love to do myself. Do you just go guitar -> amp head, 8 ohms -> interface?

You need to have a cab or a loadbox connected to take the load of your amp, otherwise it will fry !!!

Different setups are possible like :

Amp Speaker Out > Loadbox Input > Loadbox Line out > DAW

Amp Speaker Out > DI Input > DI Output > DAW
________________________> DI Thru > Cab or Loadbox
With this one, you have to check in your DI's user guide if it is able to handle enough power.

Amp Speaker Out1 x ohms > DI Input > DI Output > DAW
Amp Speaker Out2 x ohms > Cab or Loadbox
Same as the one before, you have to check if the DI box will support the input power.

OK now I know what you mean.
I think it's possible to get rid of it with little EQ or multiband comp.

Here are new samples !
Before selling my ENGL Blackmore, I did some test with it through the PI-101.
It's the same test track I posted earlier in this thread, reamped through ENGL Blackmore (preamp only) + PI-101 :
TEST PI101_0414_Mix4_MASTER.mp3

* 2 main tracks of Schecter Blackjack 006 + ENGL Blackmore Dist Hi Gain + Torpedo PI-101 plugin (6L6 + ENGL 4x12 V30 + SM57)

* 2 double tracks of Schecter Blackjack 006 + ENGL Blackmore Dist Lo Gain + Torpedo PI-101 plugin (6L6 + MESA 4x12 V30 + SM57)

* 1 "lead" track of Schecter Blackjack 006 + ENGL Blackmore Clean Hi Gain + Torpedo PI-101 plugin (EL34 + Fender Twin Reverb 2X12 orange JBL + Royer121)

What do you guys think about it ?

OK now I know what you mean.
I think it's possible to get rid of it with little EQ or multiband comp.

Here are new samples !
Before selling my ENGL Blackmore, I did some test with it through the PI-101.
It's the same test track I posted earlier in this thread, reamped through ENGL Blackmore (preamp only) + PI-101 :
TEST PI101_0414_Mix4_MASTER.mp3

* 2 main tracks of Schecter Blackjack 006 + ENGL Blackmore Dist Hi Gain + Torpedo PI-101 plugin (6L6 + ENGL 4x12 V30 + SM57)

* 2 double tracks of Schecter Blackjack 006 + ENGL Blackmore Dist Lo Gain + Torpedo PI-101 plugin (6L6 + MESA 4x12 V30 + SM57)

* 1 "lead" track of Schecter Blackjack 006 + ENGL Blackmore Clean Hi Gain + Torpedo PI-101 plugin (EL34 + Fender Twin Reverb 2X12 orange JBL + Royer121)

What do you guys think about it ?

i prefer the guitar tone in this than in the previous versions of this you posted earlier

Yeah me too, tubes are definitely better and richer sounding :worship:
But the JMP-1 is still great for some applications, i can't wait to buy a new head and experiment with blending amps !

Yeah I had a hard time dialing the mids on the amp... less than that and it sounded not "there".
Tommorow I'll try a wide 1k post EQ cut like you said ;)

Dear all,

just a little explanation on the dynamic and non-linear IRs technology. We decided to go with the non-linear (like Nebula).

The ONLY purpose of both technologies (same purpose but different ways to achieve it) is to produce DISTORSION.

Run away from any manufacturer explaining you that dynamic convolution means more dynamics, it is just a wrong interpretation of the theory.

We introduce non-linearities thanks to the overload parameter. The thing is we capture the slight distorsions that occur in the signal chain (cab+mike+mike preamp) and you can adjust the amount you want with the overload parameter. by pushing it, you may find some effects similar to Nebula. Remember you start from nothing to near-death speaker, so there is way more distorsion that you may hear in the real life (except if you want to fry your speaker of course).

Part of the TORPEDO Technology is IR synthesis : when moving the microphone, the algorithm creates a new IR. It is not just simple filtering.

With the Variphi, you add a new virtual microphone that you move away, creating phase cancelation effect that is really interesting.

Live embed the microphone positioning but not the variphi and overload. Distorsion on the speaker is a really minor effect in the real life but at some point it adds a little more life to the sound.

And on all units you get the component-based power amp simulator.

For those who like Ola Englund reviews, he is testing the Torpedo Live and PI-101 WoS right now. ;)

It would be awesome if Djabthrash or someone could post a track with zero overload setting, then the same track with non-zero overload setting, to see if we can detect a difference and if it is pleasing/useful!

It would be awesome if Djabthrash or someone could post a track with zero overload setting, then the same track with non-zero overload setting, to see if we can detect a difference and if it is pleasing/useful!

Hi, i could do that someday soon, but i'd better do it on a tone of yours (i mean preamp out DIs) instead of using my tone and then doing a sample with some overload added in it too for comparison. I mainly have this clean-cut sharp tight hi mids rythm tone, and i've found that the overload at 0% works better for me for that. For other tones than my "signature" tone (if i can call it that), it might be handy though (like gainier tones or dirtier tones in general, be it hi gain, or crunch or even clean).

I know guys who like to add some of it (the one who use it the most are blues/lead guitar guys who want to dirty up their sound), like Tristan Klein for example (check out his youtube channel to hear his (godly IMO) tone).

IIRR there's this official video made by the US Two Notes guys where you can see the Overload in action. If i stumble upon it i'll post it here.

I think "Truie" who posted here uses some, so maybe he will chime in too.

EDIT : what i was trying to say is that for my own metal rythm tone i'm very "conservative"/careful/less-is-more-oriented, and tend to be afraid to dirty things up with more gain or some kind of excitement and such, so i'm not the best person for that task
BUT since i've just been recently venturing into other genres where that kind of feature might be useful (like blues, funk, rock, clean...), i might give it a shot and post something here.

EDIT 2 : what would be nice is you giving me some pointers of how you would test this feature (provided you have read the description of this feature and kind of have a clue of what it does of course) so that i don't use it blindly (since it might give some great results with some tones/setups and not with others, and of course the tone obtained might be cool for some, and horrible for others :) ). For instance you could say something like : "yeah i wanna use it on a Machine Head 5150 rythm kind of tone and add some overload to get more growl", or "i want to use it on a very clean blues sound to dirty things up and add character, without raising the gain knob on the amp". Well something like that.