Two-Notes Torpedo.. to buy? Well lets test some shit to decide!

also, TRUIE, those clips sound great!
Thank you !
Feel free to send some DI (guitar, bass) if you want me to feed it through my setup.
Unfornately I only own a JMP-1 for the moment (and a ENGL Blackmore which is for sale, and no cab anymore to take the load), I can't wait to buy a new tube head to use it with the PI-101 !

so you're going speaker out with each? I can do this with a loadbox and my countryman correct?

Yeah, I even think you can do this :
Speaker Out > Countryman > Thru to Loadbox
______________________ > Output to DAW

You just have to check if the Countryman will handle enough power.

I'll listen to your clip in a few minutes ;)

EDIT : ok my bad, that's exactly the chain you used on your last clip, with a cab instead of a loadbox :D

Your sample is not bad at all !
Maybe it could sound a bit more "open" (less mids and a bit more gain).

Can you upload the dry recording of the 5150 out ?
So that I'll send it through the Mesa Cab + SM57, if you want to hear how it sounds !!

It's so weird about the mids as I had them set to 2 hahaha, and even scooped them further in the guitar buss, and the gain was set to 5. I'll upload them here in a minute though

Did you disabled the power amp section on the PI-Free ?
Or maybe it's just me and the shitty headphones I used at work :D

Will try my best with the raw amp sound ;)

round 2 of the Torpedo Free test.. this time through my 5150

Chain:
Schecter Hellraiser 7>5150>Countryman DI ran in between head and speaker>Profire>Torpedo Pi-Free

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19415735/TORPEDO FREE TEST 1 5150.mp3

Killer !

Would love to hear some Pantera-ish riffing from the "Vulgar Display Of Power" era, or some Dying Fetus with that tone !

EDIT : i think it has enough gain (but maybe it could use a tad more presence ?), and mids are fine.

Pretty sure this is the Slash Signature cab that's loaded with V30s (since that's the only 4x12 Marshall cab in the Torpedo so far... users requested they add other Marshalls such as G12T75s and Greenbacks-loaded so they should come next).

Cool tone btw.

The 412 Marshall in the PI-FREE is definitely V30-loaded, but in the full version (PI-101 WOS or the Torpedo series (VB-101, VM-202, Live, C.A.B)) they also have a 2x12 Marshall loaded with G12T75s.

Still waiting for a 4x12 with G12T75s, should come soon i hope.

Gave it a shot (starting with my favourite setup : engl 412 V30 cab / Blue Dragonfly Condenser Mic, close-miked, center) :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15008135/Me...thrash_Megadave5150TorpedoTest_20120412v1.mp3

There was this weird rumble in the low end (disappearing a lot when moving the mic very close to the grille or very far away, and as closer to the centre as possible), so i set the low cut pretty high (130hz i think).
Otherwise no EQ besides a 5k-ish boost and a HiCut in my DAW.

Left the Load Compensation on in the Torpedo VB-101 btw (not sure if i was supposed to leave it, but it didn't sound better without it so i left it on (i use it with my own head)).

Torpedo Settings :

Djabthrash_Megadave5150TorpedoTest_20120412v1.jpg

Gonna try it some other cab/mic setups and also see if the low-end rumble problem is still there. Weird.

round 2 of the Torpedo Free test.. this time through my 5150

Chain:
Schecter Hellraiser 7>5150>Countryman DI ran in between head and speaker>Profire>Torpedo Pi-Free

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19415735/TORPEDO FREE TEST 1 5150.mp3

Just to be sure... was your head plugged to a cab or a dummy load when you did this ?

I wanna know if i'm supposed to use the load compensation function or not, that's why.

EDIT : nevermind... totally skipped the "in between head and speaker" part...

that low end rumble is a ground frequency, I used x-noise to remove it. I need to get it fixed, the ground on the plug broke so I need a new power chord installed, but it sounds good!

that low end rumble is a ground frequency, I used x-noise to remove it. I need to get it fixed, the ground on the plug broke so I need a new power chord installed, but it sounds good!

Alright !

Then i guess i was supposed to put x-noise in the DI guitar track before sending the signal to the Torpedo, right ?

Any good way/plugin to do this in Reaper ?

Also... isn't the Countryman capable of getting rid of that rumble (with a switch of some sort maybe ?) ?