Torpedo VB-101 : hardware loadbox +cab/mic/miking sim

Check out the new Veils Of Perception tracks from their new "Black Metric" album, mixed/mastered by Brett - KALISIA (Tower Studios) :

http://www.myspace.com/veilsofperception

"Les morceaux Fallen from heaven et Devil's halo, de notre album a venir "Black Metric" ont ete enregistré avec le torpedo.
Pour les infos, 2 pistes rythmiques par guitaristes:
Pour la gauche, Schecter 7 cordes et Parker et guitare de droite une LAG
Amplis, de chaque cote, un Peavey 6505+ et un roadking"

I think it sounds rad, the overall production and the guitar tone i mean.

so is this a french company? Djabthrash youre french, plus Alice here just wrote "society" which she translated from "societe" which means company :) So im just assuming! anyway ill check it out ive been wanting som like that for a while (which is why i wa swaiting for the DAR box) but ill check this out as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

so is this a french company? Djabthrash youre french, plus Alice here just wrote "society" which she translated from "societe" which means company :) So im just assuming! anyway ill check it out ive been wanting som like that for a while (which is why i wa swaiting for the DAR box) but ill check this out as well.

Thanks for the heads up!

You guessed right, they're French indeed, based in Montpellier (south of France), which is my hometown (their founder was playing in a band with one of my junior high bandmates :) ).

Too bad the vid isn't hi-gain.. all those editing possibilities seem really cool, especially loop editing.

Is the VB sound significantly different from the plugin's? because the price tag certainly is..

their founder was playing in a band with one of my junior high bandmates

This explains all :D

Too bad the vid isn't hi-gain.. all those editing possibilities seem really cool, especially loop editing.

Is the VB sound significantly different from the plugin's? because the price tag certainly is..

This explains all :D

Well it has the built-in load compensation function that makes a big difference in tone, + the load box + the nice converters/inputs/outputs and stuff (and of course it doesn't mess up with your CPU load :) ).

If you wanna go nuts with multimiking, the plugin version helps (easy to handle multi tracks / presets / fully-integrated tool). I even know some people who got the VB-101 at first, and then who got the plugin version when it was released, so that they could do some crazy multimiking setups in their DAW super easily and fast.

I think there has been some discussions about this "Torpedo VB-101 vs plugin version considering the price tag difference" (at least on the French forums), maybe here (international forum) :

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=75&sid=74ae919109d5a77d3e9b614b0a628017

If you don't see it here feel free to ask on this Rig Talk Two Notes forum, i'm pretty sure you're gonna get a reply pretty fast.

As much as I think this thing is super cool, for 2200 EUROS I think they are asking a little much. If it was $2200USD I'd be much more interested. Considering this is an French made product by the time it gets to Australia its just going to be to far out of many peoples reach.

As much as I think this thing is super cool, for 2200 EUROS I think they are asking a little much. If it was $2200USD I'd be much more interested. Considering this is an French made product by the time it gets to Australia its just going to be to far out of many peoples reach.

On their website the currently displayed price is $2,241.90 tax incl. . But yeah living in Australia sure doesn't help...
(Got mine for 1500€ (product launch discount kind of thing) 2 years ago btw)

Two Notes (the Torpedo company) got new products including the Torpedo Live (which is a "light" torpedo VB-101 kinda) and the Torpedo C.A.B (pedal format torpedo, perfect for stompboxes preamp like the AMT / SansAmp stuff) and the Torpedo W.O.S update (dealing with a shitload of of Torpedo "IR" tracks using one instance of the plugin, which has been very optimized in terms of CPU load) :

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIXvVjBIPiA&feature=g-u&context=G27302e3FUAAAAAAAHAA[/ame]

p.s : no i'm STILL not working for them but i think their shit might be of interest to some of you guys