Torpedo VB-101 : hardware loadbox +cab/mic/miking sim

it still works with simple good ol' IR's right? :)

Your answer is yes.

http://www.protoolerblog.com/2012/01/19/two-notes-announces-torpedo-c-a-b-cabinet-in-a-box/

"Two Notes announces Torpedo C.A.B. (Cabinet in A Box) :

Now here’s an interesting take on cab simulation – stuffed into a pedal! Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. has all the great features of Torpedo Live in a pedal format. Torpedo C.A.B. provides power amp simulation, as well as cabinet + microphone simulation, powered by Two Notes’ Torpedo technology.

Torpedo C.A.B. will be loaded with 32 Two Notes’ measured cabs, each featuring 8 studio- standard microphones. 512 user impulse responses slots will be available, that can be filled with 3rd party IR files or with your own IR measurement files (free Torpedo Capture software available on Two Notes’ website).

Torpedo C.A.B. will be available in April 2012, at the price of 499€ inc VAT."

Your answer is yes.

http://www.protoolerblog.com/2012/01/19/two-notes-announces-torpedo-c-a-b-cabinet-in-a-box/

"Two Notes announces Torpedo C.A.B. (Cabinet in A Box) :

Now here’s an interesting take on cab simulation – stuffed into a pedal! Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. has all the great features of Torpedo Live in a pedal format. Torpedo C.A.B. provides power amp simulation, as well as cabinet + microphone simulation, powered by Two Notes’ Torpedo technology.

Torpedo C.A.B. will be loaded with 32 Two Notes’ measured cabs, each featuring 8 studio- standard microphones. 512 user impulse responses slots will be available, that can be filled with 3rd party IR files or with your own IR measurement files (free Torpedo Capture software available on Two Notes’ website).

Torpedo C.A.B. will be available in April 2012, at the price of 499€ inc VAT."

damn, i was hoping for someting new, i'm so tired of using IR's :(

New firmware / remote software released today for the VB-101, including power amp sims and dual miking in mono (= mixing two cab/mic/miking setups at the same time in one mono signal) !!!

STOKED !!!

Basically they took the specific features of the VM-202 / PI-XXX products and implemented in the VB-101, which is the shit. Seriously those guys have a badass customer service / customer request follow-up.

http://www.two-notes.com/en/news/torpedo_remote_v2_beta_and_v2_firmware_for_torpedo_vb-101_vm-202/

"Torpedo Remote V2 beta and V2 firmware for Torpedo VB-101/VM-202

You won’t stop being amazed by the Torpedo VB-101 and VM-202. This new V2 firmware pushes the limits of the possibilities offered by those fabulous machines.

VB-101 front
What’s new?

VB-101: on board power amp simulations (originally designed for the VM-202)
VB-101: possibility to use 2 cab/mic combinations at the same time in mono
VM-202: compatibility update for Remote V2 beta
New Torpedo Remote V2 beta application (MAC/PC)

The new Torpedo Remote app features an improved GUI, the “Quick Preview” function, as well as an auto-update feature (for the application itself, the firmware of your unit and the available downloadable cabinets). No excuse not to have an up-to-date firmware on your Torpedo VB-101, or to miss a new cab!"

Can someone help me decide which unit to get? thanks in advance!
Here is a brief!
1. Firstly, Im not a metal guy but this thread to me had the most amount of information on all the variations of TN
2. I am a synth player/pop producer mostly, and have been playing guitars for only around a year (loving it!)
3. The purpose of my purchase is for 'studio use' only!!! not live!
4. I use Mac Pro/Cubase/PT and RME FF800 along with Neve1073, Focusrite, Trident and Demeter VTMP2A standard preamps.
5. For guitars, I have Strat/Les Paul/Jazzmaster/ and Jazz and P-Bass
6. Amps: MAtchless HC30Head + ESS112 Cab, Roland JC77, Univox U45B
7. Mics and Pedals, other: All the standards and more.
8. Additional: guitar splitter, POD Farm 2.0, Line 6 Pod

I am totally confused as to what to purchase here to get the best out of my existing system with the additional of a TN item. The goal here is to achieve the best sound possible, not slow down the creative process in producing and give me some tone shaping options. I am prepared to spend what I need to (so no need to give me options as this is 'the cheaper' option) to achieve the best sound I can get and not look back. Neither am I looking to 'build towards' ideal sound. I am looking for the best option/solution now and not look back. I also 'want' to be able to do silent recording, mostly at nights.

I am looking to capture ideally 3 audio signals at any given time in tracking (1 is the Raw signal itself for re-amping one day, 2nd is the best TN sound I can get, 3rd is my Matchless Cab sound with one of my mics). I am happy to forego the Matchless Cab recording at night at my place and perhaps take the option of two mic signals from a TN option. Either way, I want 3 signals being tracked at any given time from one guitar player. I cannot see two players playing at the same time whilst tracking at my joint at this stage but perhaps Bass and Guitars could be cool. If there is one Bass input and one Guitar input on say the VM, can these be individual outputs on different channels into the DAW? Can someone explain this process.

Where I am confused is firstly VB101 vs VM202. I am also confused if I should get Live+P1WOS and move forward. I have read the summaries on the TN site and to me, I am still struggling on th exact differences between VB and VM. Some folks say the VM is twice the inputs minus a loadbox, but that means I would need to get a loadbox? fine. However, some say I can go from preamp (not power amp) into VM and from pre and power amps into VB. So with VM, how can I utilize it with my matchless? Could I go from the FX Loop section?

Also, with the software option, could I just go guitar to Neve1073 to WOS? is there a better way to record into WOS? I noticed some going from guitar to a tube-preamp such as ENGL and then into WOS? Is this the same as going into a standard studio preamp like a Neve or API and then going into WOS (ofcourse minus the tubes, but then the WOS has power amp tube options right?).

Ideally, what I would like to do is the following:
Guitar - Splitter (3 signals) -
signal 1 into my Trident Preamp into RME
signal 2 somehow needs to end up at my Matchless ESS112 cab with my matchless HC30 sound
signal 3 Two-Notes sound (great if I can get 2 mic signals out of this!) into DAW.

Can someone please assist me with some directions and summaries and most importantly, the best decision forward?

Here is the link for those who want to hear torpedo in the full mastered mix. It was my experiment to do all guitars completely ITB on this album. Guitars are all torpedo as a cab sim (mesa cab with 4 mics blended) and digidesign eleven plugin as an amp sim (vintage recto model). I find this chain to be the best sounding in emulation world, and I've tried just about everything avaliable there. I would still prefer to mic a real cab but if you are limited to work ITB than torpedo is a must. Anyway, judge it for yourself.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6564739/Atlantis_master.mp3

Here is the link for those who want to hear torpedo in the full mastered mix. It was my experiment to do all guitars completely ITB on this album. Guitars are all torpedo as a cab sim (mesa cab with 4 mics blended) and digidesign eleven plugin as an amp sim (vintage recto model). I find this chain to be the best sounding in emulation world, and I've tried just about everything avaliable there. I would still prefer to mic a real cab but if you are limited to work ITB than torpedo is a must. Anyway, judge it for yourself.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/6564739/Dimicandum_Preview.mp3

Sounds amazing!! Thanks for sharing your link!
Would you give be kind enough to share the exact chain/s (from guitar to pedals etc to final mic types used?) here? So what you are saying is you went from guitar to PT and then used Amp sim from PT and Cab sim from the WOS software by Two-Notes? Did you use any Tubes at any point to warm signals?

hey if you are interested in the vb-101 i am looking to sell mine for a great discount compared to what they go new let me know.

Clips of these things sound really good... but at $2000 for the VB101, there's many other things I'd rather spend the money on. I mean... you could buy 4 nice guitar cabs, or a high end halfstack at that price (hell, you could buy a 2 channel Recto, 5150 AND a nice cab for 2 grand) :(

The C.A.B. looks appealing at its price, but I'm sure it's not nearly as good as the flagship at that price.

Guitars are all torpedo as a cab sim (mesa cab with 4 mics blended) and digidesign eleven plugin as an amp sim (vintage recto model). I find this chain to be the best sounding in emulation world, and I've tried just about everything avaliable there.

Are you saying the Eleven Rack ampsims are awesome, and maybe even more awesome than all the badass free ampsims (Lepou, TSE...) / commercial (guitar rig, revalver...) ampsims / outboard gear ampsims (axe fx...) out there ?

p.s : your clip sounds great