Michael Jackson goes Metalcore (Tribute)

Damn man that's great, I love that song too!

It'll kick ass with bass and guitar melodies.

There's something about the faster parts though where we can't hear MJ really well, maybe add some compression on the vocals? It might be just me, anyway even if I'm not a big metalcore fan that was truly great. :kickass:

haa - good idea. I was thinking about doing this. Though, if anything the drums should either equal the size of the original drums? They sound really small... The drums are the essence of that song, without that driving beat you don't have it. I think possibly work on adding in more drums... Basically, just beef it up more.

Also - how did you get the vocal takes? They sound like they've got the original EQ on, some parts it doesn't really fit in with the guitar.

- Rick.

Damn man that's great, I love that song too!

It'll kick ass with bass and guitar melodies.

There's something about the faster parts though where we can't hear MJ really well, maybe add some compression on the vocals? It might be just me, anyway even if I'm not a big metalcore fan that was truly great. :kickass:

haa - good idea. I was thinking about doing this. Though, if anything the drums should either equal the size of the original drums? They sound really small... The drums are the essence of that song, without that driving beat you don't have it. I think possibly work on adding in more drums... Basically, just beef it up more.

Also - how did you get the vocal takes? They sound like they've got the original EQ on, some parts it doesn't really fit in with the guitar.

- Rick.

thanks!
vocals are the original ones () and therefore hard to fit in the mix but i'll try to improve it...
concerning the drums, i actually don't hear any "drums" in the original at all:loco:, only "drum effects" (except the kick) but i'll add more drums, clapping and synths in the final version...

be prepared:headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
also, what i would definately say about it, is that it goes too far too soon
the original song builds up really slowly
another layer of claps and shakers every verse
another note on the strings added, another bit of a harmony constructed each chorus, so by the end it's a maelstrom of epic, infectious, incredible music
with this its like hey cool, this cover is a pretty cool guy that doesnt afrai-WOAH HOLY SHIT THE GUITARS WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
dont be afraid to let the song take its time

you're so right about the arrangement, had this in mind too when i listened to it today
i'm sure you'll like the new version...the maelstrom train of epicness is coming:loco:

unfortunately, it won't be finished until thursday because i'm moving tomorrow:Smug:
but it will be worth the wait

i also realized that the original song picks up the pace which sucks because the vocals are getting out of time at the end of my version...can someone confirm 90bpm?

absolute masterpiece mate i love it! you have inspired me lol. How long till its done?? Or is it done already!?!?!

thank god you didn't do Beat It. If i have to hear one more metal cover of that song I may slap the next band who makes me listen to it. All 4 or 5 of em in a single motion.

This one is much better than the version that the three kings did. I think thats their name, the group with the lead singer of sonata and two other guys. Lookin forward to hearing it when it's finished.

this beast is almost done...only have to wait for our guitarist to record the solo! i added a lot of strings, claps and shit...i'll record the bass tomorrow!
thanks for the comments, really appreciate it!
pretty busy with our new record atm but stay tuned, it's coming soon...