Michael's fill in for Roy

Malaena

Sep 30, 2009
Lawrenceville, GA
Michael, I just want to tell you that you did an amazing job. At the signing table I said it would be a "once in a lifetime show" and it really was!

Yes, there was the Ghost Opera thing. But who can shove the lyrics to that many songs in their head on such short notice? When this happened I REALLY wanted to give you a hug!

Otherwise you owned every song. I really loved you singing "A Sailorman's Hymn." You made it sound so beautiful. I think you may have out-Royed Roy! This is coming from a rabid Roy-fangirl so I hope you understand the level of admiration I have for your performance!

The only way to close this would to be: Now I know what you can do with that voice of yours and I must have MORE!

Man, you really nailed that performance Mike. I mean it was very impressive. You could probably sing the phone book if you wanted to...you make it look effortless. :)

Very satisfied!:cool:

I agree - it was really awesome getting to experience that... Mike and Tommy and Jake stepped up majorly and we were lucky enough to have seen it..

I'll be honest, hearing Mike sing Knights of Arabia gave me f'n poose gimples.. that was awesome... It felt so short but getting to see Mike sing live is never long enough...

I am thankful to have been a voyuer of the Friday night jam session in Frode's room and the Stairwell serenade as well... Come on, who would've thought you'd ever see Mike sing Micheal Jackson's 'Dirty Diana'?? :D

Yes, I have to agree 100% with everyone! What a treat to see him perform Kamelot's music and just nail it! I loved hearing him sing Rule The World. You are just a fantastic singer!!

Come on with the new Circus Maximus CD!!

Having seen Michael before with Circus Maximus, I knew he was up to the task. But I have to share a story about a few friends, Praveen and Ryan, that we had convinced to go to PPUSA with us this year.

Their main reason for attending was Kamelot, whom they'd be seeing for the first time. Praveen had traveled from California and Ryan from Minnesota (and I from Illinois). It's not like they couldn't have seen Kamelot individually during a normal tour, but all of us getting together to see them in an atmosphere like ProgPower was enough to convince them they had to come.

They were quite bummed about Roy, but of course very glad the show would still go on, and even moreso when the remainder of the tour got canceled. Well, after the curtain closed I met up with them where they were a little further back on the floor than I was. Praveen gave me a double high five and said it was the most amazing show he'd ever seen, and Ryan agreed. The next day they had me take their picture with Elize and Jake, and my wife took a picture of the three of us with Michael.

4985232766_8fcf4512fa_m.jpg
4984629659_338346f1ef_m.jpg

Awesome show, made for a great highlight of an awesome weekend. Great job Michael, Jake, Elize, Tommy, Kamelot, Glenn and crew.

Ah, ok, didn't realize that.
And even dont understand, because its so usual here in Europe.
Most Bands are really grateful about filming Fans and uploading liveclips to YouTube, Facebook etc. because its a free and effective promotion! They even favorite and recommend the best ones on their own Channels.
For my self i can affirm there are several Bands in my CD-rack I discovered by chance or advice on Youtube and then felt to order the CD or plan to visit a concert.

Can we expect to see this rare perfomance on the official PPU-Live-DVD?

To my knowledge there was no filming at all for the ProgPower (atleast there was no rig where there usually is every year)...

And I agree, Youtube/ clips are a great promotional tool for music... But it's a double edged sword... Where DVDs and CDs they sell can be posted for viewing/ listening so that some folks may never purchase but can view/ listen whenever they like...

It was truly a once in a lifetime experience - and it was AWESOME :D