Wolf is recording with Roy Z.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
Swedish heavy metal band WOLF are set to start recording their 5th album from September 17th on in Studio Seven in Örebro / Sweden. Behind the mixing table, WOLF will be joined by renowned producer ROY Z. After working with the likes of Judas Priest, Sebastian Bach, Halford, Helloween, Malmsteen, Bruce Dickinson etc, Roy Z now takes on WOLF.

The band comments:

“It is an honor and a great privilege to get to work with Roy. We’re big fans of his work and we are 100% sure that he’ll fuel the black flame that is WOLF. He knows his heavy metal & so do we!“

And Roy Z is also glad to work with the band and states:

“I first heard WOLF a few years back when a good friend of mine was cranking “Evil Star” in his car. Since then WOLF have been one of my favorite new bands. The opportunity came up for me to work on the new album, so I am off… I am looking forward to be a part of the new recordings with the lads. The new tunes Rock so to Sweden I will Roll to be a part of a great new CD with the WOLF gang! I am ready to Howl!”

The follow up to 2006’s much lauded “The Black Flame” will see the light of day in early 2009 on Century Media Records. The working title is “Ravenous".

I know some people had bashed lately Roy, but I'm sure that with Wolf it will be as good as Halford or Dickinson albums or better. :headbang:

The cover artwork for "Ravenous", the new album from Swedish metallers WOLF, can be viewed below. The CD features a guest guitar solo by Hank Shermann (FORCE OF EVIL, MERCYFUL FATE) and guest vocals by Mark Boals (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, ROYAL HUNT).

For the fierce and bloody artwork, the band once again decided to work with its longtime cover artist Thomas Holm (MERCYFUL FATE).

"He has the ability to 'paint our music' and that's something we're not gonna pass up on," WOLF explained.

Topped off by the phenomenal production by Roy Z (BRUCE DICKINSON, JUDAS PRIEST), "Ravenous" promises a heavy metal delicacy par excellence!

WOLF recently filmed a video for the song "Voodoo" in Umeå, Sweden with director Owe Lingwall of Village Road Film. WOLF previously worked with Lingwall on the clip for the track "I Will Kill Again", which can be viewed below.

"Ravenous" will be released on the following dates:

Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Benelux, Italy: Friday, February 20
Spain, Portugal: Tuesday, February 24
Sweden, Finland, Hungary: Wednesday, February 25
Rest Of Europe: Monday, February 23
USA: Tuesday, March 24

A new WOLF song, "Curse You Salem", is available for streaming on the band's MySpace page.

According to the group, "'Curse You Salem' is a genuine WOLF song. We think it's got all the elements our listeners demand from us and we're certain our fans will listen to it and go, 'Hell yes, that's WOLF!' We felt that while writing it, and bringing it to life while recording it was a blast. It will most certainly be included in our live set. The song deals with the witch hunts that took place in Salem, Massachusetts somewhat 300 years ago and the lyrics are written according to actual events as well as real people connected to the events that took place. This song and topic fits WOLF like a spiked wristband on Kerry King!"

3191084285_34848230da_o.jpg

Check out the new song here. None shall be disappointed. :kickass:

Hmm... the production's actually quite good. A lot better than Angel of Retribution or Yngwie's latest disc. Not as good as Black Flame, but certainly better than their first 2 discs. The music is what I expected - quite good, classic Wolf.

Indeed the song is fine (I would have like a bit more speed however). Eager to see the collaborations of Hank Shermann and Mark Boals. Of course already in my 2009 wishlist :D

Indeed the song is fine (I would have like a bit more speed however). Eager to see the collaborations of Hank Shermann and Mark Boals. Of course already in my 2009 wishlist :D

Wait until you hear the song called 'Speed'. That will be fast enough for you. I heard 5 tracks from the album in the beginning of december just before I interviewed them.

Wait until you hear the song called 'Speed'. That will be fast enough for you. I heard 5 tracks from the album in the beginning of december just before I interviewed them.

Great job Henri, thanks for the hint :kickass:

Sounds absolutely great !! I still feel bad I missed them live in Holland a few months ago, saw them live in Germany once and the slay live !!

Not too familiar with Wolf, but I'm a big fan of Roy Z from his work with Bruce Dickinson and Halford, so I'll be giving this one a chance.

Cuate tenés que oir "Evil Star"!

You really have to give the band a chance, to me one of the most interesting and fresh bands to come out in the scene in the last ten years. :headbang:

Not too familiar with Wolf, but I'm a big fan of Roy Z from his work with Bruce Dickinson and Halford, so I'll be giving this one a chance.

Why wait? Just get The Black Flame. You'll get all the WOLF you need with that album. Roy Z isn't on board yet, but as far as I'm concerned there was no need for him. The Black Flame is excellently produced and if you don't like that album, you won't be a WOLF fan.

Why wait? Just get The Black Flame. You'll get all the WOLF you need with that album. Roy Z isn't on board yet, but as far as I'm concerned there was no need for him. The Black Flame is excellently produced and if you don't like that album, you won't be a WOLF fan.

Dude, Black Flame was done by Nordstrom. You know... the holy grail of metal producers? It had the Dream Evil production with some incredible songs - it was a win/win.

And yes, that was a fantastic album (my vote for their best).

The video is more for Cannibal Corpse :lol:, but the song is damn good!