Roy Z is to produce new Judas Priest album

god_king

Ruler Of Life/Light
Aug 26, 2003
UK
www.geocities.com
I think he's absolute shit producer. Why can't they go back with Chris Tsangarides???

I think Roy Z producing small bands like Helloween, Halford, Bruce Dickinson are ok but not giant band like Judas Priest.

Albums under Roy Z is extrmemly poor and sounds very nu metal ish.

SUCKS... :yell:

Roy Z rocks
the bruce dickinson albums he produced had SUPER productions
i think he should compose some songs for them too (because he is an amazing composer of metal), if mr Downing and mr Tipton have ideas similar to "Demolition"
I think Roy Z producing small bands like Helloween, Halford, Bruce Dickinson are ok but not giant band like Judas Priest.
Helloween, Halford, Bruce Dickinson = small ?

I agree on the Bruce solo albums, great production work.
But I don't think the sound of "Crucible" (which I like) would fit to Judas Priest... I hope Roy will do the best he can for the Metal Gods.

I'm cool with it. He did good jobs with Bruce's solo albums and Halford's Ressurrection. I also liked his production for Helloween's Dark Ride. The only bad job of his that i can think of is for Halford's Crucible. That's it, really. So, i'm fine with it as long he does a good job.

Yeah, Crucible was a little dirty sounding compared to his other stuff. Resurrection was immaculate and I would guess Priest have more than a little say in how the new album should sound. I'm confident it will be great!

Like I posted in another forum I'll rather have Tom Allom or Chris Tsangarides.

Roy Z is a good choice nevertheless, is not I'll go with Martin Birch (is he still alive?), Charlie Bauerfiend, Fredrik Norstrom or Sascha Paeth.

Whatever except Kevin Shirley or Bob Rock for crying out loud!

Wyvern said:
Roy Z is a good choice nevertheless, is not I'll go with Martin Birch (is he still alive?), Charlie Bauerfiend, Fredrik Norstrom or Sascha Paeth.
Please no Paeth, he would make the Priest sound like another flower metal band :p

No seriously, Chris Tsangarides or Charlie Bauerfiend would get my vote.

Michael Wagener and Andy Sneap is pretty good producer in my opinion.

But Roy Z fucking hell... It's a joke. I agree I dislike Kevin Shirley and Bob Rock big time.

Dark Side, and 2 albums he did with Halford can't hardly call it classic metal albums. I never liked Bruce Dickinson aka Bruce Bruce. He's my least favorite Iron Maiden singer. OVER RATED.

Chris Tsangarides made one of the classic yet heaviest and most ground breaking killer albums with mega bands like Thin Lizzy, Judas Priest, Gary Moore, Anvil etc. He's also a brilliant engineer.

He even made Japanese band Anthem sounding like titans of metal with "Bound To Break". Killer album that is.

Martin Birch is unfortunatly retired from music production more than 10 years ago. Some of you obviously haven't read Run To The Hill Iron Maiden biography by Mick Wall ( great rock journaist from England ). Heh.

Roy Z should end up giving Priest a more contemporary sound (NOT nu-metal), which means if they start writing good songs again the new album will be unstoppable, all the kids will love it, and Metal will be HUGE!

Fangface said:
Please no Paeth, he would make the Priest sound like another flower metal band :p
Go and kiss...

Mike Wead, Kevin Ridley or Dennis Ward will be also interesting choices.

god_king said:
I think he's absolute shit producer. Why can't they go back with Chris Tsangarides???
GodKing, I have to agree with you. Roy Z wouldn't have even popped into my head, I like you figured they would go with Chris Tsangarides or they would have given Tom Allom a call for the Reunion disc. We'll see. I don't expect it to be mind blowing in the sonic department. Maybe KK, Glen & Halford will supervise?!

It seems this diatribe had already jumped in the JP forum and the manager of the band already flame all the whiners. She said K.K. and Glenn will co-produce (which looking at the last two albums of the band, may not be a good thing IMO), and that people should wait and listen instead of making a fuzz in advance.

I believe she's right, let's hear the album and then we'll see. When Deep Purple choose Michael Bradford for their latest album I thought it was a big mistake and I wouldn't give a dime for the album at the time. "Bananas" came as one of the best albums of the band since "House Of The Blue Light". You'll never now until the disc turns...

ok I can now say something on this sub (Even though I'm so sick of JP threads I could die) :p after listening to Helloweens Dark Ride and a Few others Roy has been a part of I can say that I cant wait to hear how this ones gonna sound I'm betting hes gonna give the OLD geezers a nice kick in the ass