Michelle Leslie to be home soon

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Future "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Michelle Leslie was found guilty of whatever it was she was charged with but will be home soon. I don't understand this. Not that I think having a couple of ecstasy pills is a jailable offence, but what's with the inconsistency of the Indonesian courts? I thought possession would be a pretty serious offence in their eyes, but she's only getting three months for it, which she's already served.

Puzzling.

And yeah, I get how one a son of one of Indonesia's ministers was there and that probably had something to do with it, but still.

So yeah.

At one point her lawyers also claimed that she "suffered" from various drug addictions, something to do with there being a loophole in the Indonesian laws stating it was "inhumane" to lock up somebody with a medical problem

Or something along those lines....

phlogiston said:
Plus she was young and polite, turned Muslim, showed remorse and apologised to the people of Singapore, and basically played the system perfectly.
I believe she apologised to the people of Indonesia :D .....but I have also heard that the son of an Indonesian minister may have been 'intimate' with her, which may or may not have helped.....

If it had been Singapore, she would have been FUCKED, like that other poor cunt. I think even possession is deemed to be very naughty in Singapore, and they don't fuck around when it comes to punishment.

It would be pretty hard to imagine what would happen in this country if all ecstasy users got 3 months jail! :lol:

Fuck. Nightwing is back.

OT: Right from the start there was some commentators saying she would only get a possession charge and would likely get off lightly, same as that ex-pat bloke from Adelaide who had 1/2g of cannabis. I don't know what constitutes a trafficable amount though, because two e's is enough for about eight people.

Goreripper said:
because two e's is enough for about eight people.

4 people. Max.

It would be impossible and pointless to split a pill into quaters without it crumbling. Also, sharing 2 pills between 8 people is like sharing a case of beer between 8 people.

Not enough to go around even with low tolerance.