Midi issue in Reaper

raybrochill

Nov 30, 2007
Dayton, Ohio
A band I'm working with programmed out all of their bass parts in gp5 and sent me the midi.. the problem is that reaper isn't playing any of the notes. The notes are there on the grid, but nothing is coming from basis. I've ran into this issue before and I've kind of worked around it by copying the the midi notes and pasting in a new midi region, but I'd really like to know if you guys know the right way to fix the problem.

I had this problem. My conclusion: The midi channels for the notes are likely set to something other than what your VSTi that you're sending is expecting.

To fix this problem what I do is:

1) Open the midi editor for the midi item. (double click on it or such)
2) Go to the "View" menu and click on "Mode: event list"
3) Ctrl+A or such to select all of the "notes"/"midi commands" listed.
4) Right click on one (while all are selected) and under "Set event channel" in the menu select whichever channel is appropriate. I believe Channel 1 is usual.

Should work... :)

EDIT:
Actually I believe you can skip changing the view to "event list" and just select all of the notes and right click on them in the "piano roll" mode, which it's usually set to.

I always run into the problem where guitar pro is like an octave or two lower than what it should be. Does the same thing no matter what program I import it to, reaper, FL Studio, DP7 etc.