Midian fans...

RETIREDTrapped

New Metal Member
Sep 12, 2001
Is it just me, or is 'Bitter Suites to Succubi' absolutely NOWHERE near as good as 'Midian'...?

I haven't worked it out yet. I just don't like it terribly much.

I guess Cradle Of Filth are just another one of those bands that are like a machine-gun, some bullets hit right on target, but others go totally off-track.

It's the same deal with the 'Cradle to enslave' EP, its a terrible release, but then their next release was awesome...

NP: Soul Burn -MESHUGGAH

Cruelty and the beast is pretty good, but it's the 'last of the old cradle' albums. You can hear the difference between any of the earlier releases and midian...

Even Danni's voice is a bit 'lacking' in Bitter Suites....

He was totally awesome on 'Midian', and he actually wrote some pretty decent lyrics for midian too, but with Bitter Suites, he sings terribly, and he sings about 'a girl sucking-off the ginger bread man' (born in a burial gown)

Born in a burial gown is the only 'midian'-esque song on the whole album, it was almost like the song they left off.

Midian is definately my fav Cradle release, but I am partial to them all... I just love Dani's vocal stylings. C.O.F is a must see live, absolutely amazing

Dusk and her embrace is ok, not too great. The vocal's are terrible on their early stuff.

Dragonlord, i reccomend you go and get 'midian' and listen to the whole album from start to finish, because it is absolutely nothing like 'Cradle to enslave' ...

You are missing out on brilliant music if you don't listen to midian.

-just a thought.

I was never a COF fan, i hated Danni's vocals, and i'm not too keen on the hammer-drumming.... But when i heard 'her ghost in the fog', i was blown away by the music, and by danni's vocals and lyrics...

Midian is totally different to old, and new COF.
Midian is like a 'side-project' to cof actually, it's different