Midwest Metalheadz take note -- PRONG & IMPALER headlining Halloween MetalFest

SwordLord

Attack!
Sep 20, 2004
St. Paul, Minnesota
www.myspace.com
For anyone living in the midwest, I hope you can attend my show!

PRONG & IMPALER will be co-headlining The Reaper's Ball: A Locally and Independently produced metal festival on Saturday, October 29, at the Station 4 Nightclub (www.Station-4.com) in downtown St. Paul, Minnesota. Doors are at 4:00pm, music at 4:45pm (lasts ALL NIGHT) and tickets are only $10.00! This is an 18+ show.

There will be a costume contest, prize giveaway, vendors, food and strippers. Yes, I said strippers. :devil:

For more information, please check out www.ReapersBall.com.

Hope to see some of my metal brothers and sisters at this show!

Hailz,
Nathan
The Sword-Dork

Oct 29 eh? Isn't Fear Factory playing in the MSP area the 31st? That might be a good weekend to trek the few hours up there and stay a while.

It's things like that that make me wish I had more of an imagination. I haven't had a "good" costume since I made my own "Scorpion" (of Mortal Kombat fame) costume in junior high :D ... complete with metal tipped spear! (and believe it or not, it never even got confiscated from me for the school functions)
All else considered, I could do without the strippers :p Never were my thing.

this is independent of Minneapolis Mayhem I take it?..it's funny, I like to think I know the music scene in my town..and I truly really do not. I didn't even realize this was going on..maybe lack of ads in Citypages?

Granted, Prong and Impaler..well..my tastes with metal musicianship, melody, and prog-like..so this fest may not be for me..but regardless..hope it goes well..the strippers should bring in some people alone ;)

Kyle

Yes this is independent of the Minneapolis Mayhem. This show is SWORDLORD productions. Everyone must go to this event. Another great promoter in the twin cities.

If I lived closer, maybe...

On Halloween weekend I'll be checking out Slipknot in New York Fucking City... it should be interesting... =D

enki3600 said:
Oct 29 eh? Isn't Fear Factory playing in the MSP area the 31st? That might be a good weekend to trek the few hours up there and stay a while.

It's things like that that make me wish I had more of an imagination. I haven't had a "good" costume since I made my own "Scorpion" (of Mortal Kombat fame) costume in junior high :D ... complete with metal tipped spear! (and believe it or not, it never even got confiscated from me for the school functions)

Yes, Fear Factory is playing on 10/31 with Strapping Young Lad, how cool is THAT going to be?! I believe that show is going to be at The Quest (www.TheQuestClub.com) but the site is down right now for maintenance so I couldn't check for you.

As for Scorpion, you are my new hero! I started playing MK on the day the original one hit the arcades and Scorpion was the only guy I played. There was a mega-crazy combo that you could do against Kano and literally take him down to 40% power if he rolled at you and Scorpion was the only guy that could do it. If you come dressed as him, I'll buy you a drink!!! :headbang:

Nathan

MisterMayhem said:
Yes this is independent of the Minneapolis Mayhem. This show is SWORDLORD productions. Everyone must go to this event. Another great promoter in the twin cities.

There will definitely be more Mayhem-SwordLord productions in the future. We collaborated last month on BEYOND FEAR with Ripper Owens. John and I are cut from the same cloth music-wise, so I'm sure we'll work together on something cool soon.

Thanks for the props, John!

AngraRULES said:
If I lived closer, maybe...

On Halloween weekend I'll be checking out Slipknot in New York Fucking City... it should be interesting... =D

Dude, I'm glad you posted in this thread. I wanted to tell you that I just purchased my first ANGRA CD at PP and I have been listening to it for the last week. It is the "Rebirth" CD. I am EXTREMELY addicted to the song "Judgement Day," best on the CD in my opinion! :headbang:

ANGRA is awesome!
Nathan

enki3600 said:

I know that nobody is going to believe me, but strippers never were MY thing either. I've been to a strip club I think 3 times in my life -- usually as the dezi since I don't drink. :D

They are there as a promotional gimmick -- lots of horny metal-heads out there! :devil:

SwordLord said:
Dude, I'm glad you posted in this thread. I wanted to tell you that I just purchased my first ANGRA CD at PP and I have been listening to it for the last week. It is the "Rebirth" CD. I am EXTREMELY addicted to the song "Judgement Day," best on the CD in my opinion! :headbang:

ANGRA is awesome!
Nathan

AWESOME!!! Wait till you check out Temple of Shadows, their latest cd... Outstanding as well, killer vocals by Edu and great guest musicians... Consider getting that next!

Cheers!
-Milton:headbang:

SwordLord said:
Oh outstanding man! IMPALER is a great band and very cool guys to hang out with...

I haven't developed the strat. pictures yet but I'll try to remember to bring your Hammerfall picture.:headbang:

AngraRULES said:
AWESOME!!! Wait till you check out Temple of Shadows, their latest cd... Outstanding as well, killer vocals by Edu and great guest musicians... Consider getting that next!

Cheers!
-Milton:headbang:

Did Angra change vocalists? I'm a little behind on my history...

I will definitely take this into consideration. I really am digging "Rebirth," so I think another ANGRA album is definitely in my future...

Swordlord,
Outstanding job on Saturday. I really had a blast. If you drank, I would of bought you a bunch a shots. Keep it coming brother.:headbang: