Mikael and Fredrik's interview with Metal Maniacs

After reading this part my respect for Axe went way up.
MÅ: It did. And we told him “ok we’re done for today” and we would go out and shop for dinner and as we came back he was playing drums again and we would ask the guy who was there “what’s …” and he was like “as soon as you left he went to practice” and he just played for like an extra four hours. He would play from eight to eight in the evening then continue to play. It was insane. And then we he comes outside sitting down and watches television he’s like [drumming on the table]. He wanted to learn all the songs on guitar so he did. It was ridiculous.

^ I know!! I saw that, and I was like, "What a fucking incredible guy!!" I kinda wished he was in the interview. From watching the DVD he seems like such a humble, down to earth guy, and not boasting at all, but he's obviously an incredibly talented guy!

^ I know!! I saw that, and I was like, "What a fucking incredible guy!!" I kinda wished he was in the interview. From watching the DVD he seems like such a humble, down to earth guy, and not boasting at all, but he's obviously an incredibly talented guy!

That's one thing I like about some bands like Opeth, even Rush, they seem like guys you can sit down with and talk, no matter how God-like Mikael is. I know that a lot of people are afraid to meet their heroes because of fear that they are idiots and jerks, but with Opeth, they seem so humble and kind. Almost like they want to talk to their fans.

Great, long interview. I had a great time reading that. I hope they start playing more songs from Watershed live. I mean, I'm gonna see them in a little less than two months, if they play Hessian Peel or Lotus Eater, I'm gonna be completely blown away.