Robin Trower - In city dreams
Grand theft auto - San andreas PS2 game
Silent hill 3 - The room PS2 game
Blue phantom - Distortions
Jethro tull - Thick as a brick

he he, he still listens to Iron Maiden :headbang: :headbang:

SOLNIGER ROCKS

ONE OF The tracks has fredericks little sister screaming ahhaah

i like the playlist this month a lot...pretty eclectic...

day of phoenix is an amazing danish progressive band...pretty killer stuff.

Nicolai dunger is a wonderful fok artist...anyone whos into guys like nick drake, or scott walker, or sandy denny...check him out.

jericho (actually known as jericho jones for their debut album)...is a great progressive rock band with a 1-off album.

robin trower...hopefully some people here are familiar with him...hes from Procol Harum, the band which helped form progressive rock as we know it...and his releases are certainly close to being on par with the mighty procol boys.

Blue Phantom - Distortions.....to be honest, ive only heard a few songs from this crazy progressive band, but i loved it....finding copies of this album arent terribly easy...but it was released on CD, so i shall be picking it up as soon as i find one....if anyone does...let me know, id be glad to purchase it from you.

Pan is a wonderful progressive rock band, hard hitting and pretty catchy and interesting, (notorious for its odd s/t album cover of a hand full of grapes).

Gravy train - another fantastic progressive/folky band from the UK...highly recommended for anyone into this style.

and comus, which has been explored in the rare 70s prog thread on this forum is also great...check the thread out if you havent yet by the way.

as for the other staples...like jethro tull (fantastic), gentle giant (fantastic), and Iron Maiden (duh, fantastic...especially the first 6 albums)...it goes to show that the classics never get old.

Moonlapse said:
'Fredrik Thordendal's special Defects - Sol niger within'

MIKE!!!! YOU FUCKING RULE!!!

Sol Niger > All.

i had never heard of this at all, but i was interested in checking it out (i didn't even recognize the dudes name from meshuggah).

so i just found it on slsk, and i just started playing it, and i was like hmm, this sounds a lot like meshuggah, then i realized the dudes name haha. i'm only on track 5 and i fucking love it, it sounds great.

deliverance said:
i had never heard of this at all, but i was interested in checking it out (i didn't even recognize the dudes name from meshuggah).

so i just found it on slsk, and i just started playing it, and i was like hmm, this sounds a lot like meshuggah, then i realized the dudes name haha. i'm only on track 5 and i fucking love it, it sounds great.
Yeah, it's great. He's experimenting to the max, but without going overboard as people tend to at times (Ulver, in my opinion). It is some of the heaviest, most chaotic and also dreamy stuff I've ever heard.

NineFeetUnderground said:
Nicolai dunger is a wonderful fok artist...anyone whos into guys like nick drake, or scott walker, or sandy denny...check him out.
I jumped on this guy since you described him as a folk artist and i´ve recently began my obsession with almost everything folk, and wow! Thanks for the rundown of artist or I problably wouldn´t have checked him out... Any other recommendations in this department?

Mayh said:
I jumped on this guy since you described him as a folk artist and i´ve recently began my obsession with almost everything folk, and wow! Thanks for the rundown of artist or I problably wouldn´t have checked him out... Any other recommendations in this department?
absolutely....send me an instant message via: AIM, MSN or Yahoo...and ill send you a bunch of folk artists.