Mikael's new setlist (Dec 2004)

It's basically a more elaborate form of the Meshuggah style. There's alot more lead work and drum solos, synth effects, layers of polyrhythm to create pure chaos... you just have to hear it for yourself.

lets not forget the guest appearance by frederiks sister screaming her ass off hahaha.. some tracks are realyl fucked up.. and one has a nice sax solo i remember

Yeah there was a saxophone track... it mirrors one that comes before it, except that one has a guitar solo instead. If you listen carefully you can hear the saxophonist gasping for dear breath after every set of runs, haha... he goes absolutely insane. He even had Mattias Eklund on the album doing some guitar synths.

not bad...the rhythm got old, but it was pretty cool. I really don't dig Meshuggah much because they're just beyond repetitive to me. Their timing blows me away though...how they remember how to play all those muted riffs that sound so much alike.

But yeah...tell more about this album, the way you've described it(especially the Mattias IA part) makes it seem like a worthy purchase.

Moonlapse said:
I'd actually like to know where to purchase this CD online. I haven't been able to find it yet.

I bought it 3 or 4 years ago, and am glad i picked it up. I didnt realize it was out of print. Have you been able to hunt down all the tracks?

Dreadful said:
But yeah...tell more about this album, the way you've described it(especially the Mattias IA part) makes it seem like a worthy purchase.
The IA mention piqued my interest too. Any sites with a full song or two around by chance? My soulseek isn't behaving these days.

I suppose the two versions thing would explain why mine is missing some tracks and they feel like they're mis named. When I played the samples from the official site, I essentially heard the wrong tracks, haha.