mike disalvo hatred association

i tried listening to the unspoken king again earlier and the clean vocals made me want to cry. :( diffferent strokes, different folks though i guess.

i tried listening to the unspoken king again earlier and the clean vocals made me want to cry. :( diffferent strokes, different folks though i guess.

Yeah.

I actually like Matt's "harsh" vocals, but when he tries to actually sing... oh goat, the horror!

Overall, the first half of TUK is pretty good IMHO, with "Bemoan The Martyr", "Silence The Hydrants" (what a sick breakdown) etc. But sadly, the second half falls exceptionally short.

And I don't like the completely replaced drums (not sure about the cymbals) on the album. The snare sounds like a typewriter on some (fast) parts... not my thang.

whisper supremacy = the best cryptopsy album

lord worm wasn't that good IMO - especially in that lame ass "the pestilence that walketh in darkness" bullshit song. their songwriting took a shit after WS IMO.

i deleted that track from my winamp but the rest of the album is still there. without that track that album is a 10/10 imo :D

Well... maybe I will give it another shot then. That song just compeltely ruined it for me, and the video was absurdly retarded. But... I could listen to Flo play drums all day and not get bored, so, there's always that. :D

The new guy is fucking gay, end of story.

He might work for me if he didn't ruin the music with the gay clean vocals. But he ruined the music with the gay clean vocals, and bands like that are a huge turnoff for me

edit. I dont know what you guys are talking about, I'm talking about the Matt guy. Anyway.

I think McGachy gets too much flak. Yes, he can't sing clean at all and it's one of the reasons why "The Unspoken King" really falls short at second half.

But I actually like his 'rough' vocals. Good screamer (one of the veeeery few who don't any the shit out of me), decent growler, quite articulate, versatile. I don't have anything to criticise about his performance on tracks like 'Bemoan The Martyr', 'Worship Your Demons' and 'Silence The Tyrants'.

"None So Vile" will forever remain Cryptopsy's magnum opus for me personally, but on many levels McGachy outperforms his predecessors IMHO.

Goddamn it, the lyrical themes of The Unspoken King sound like a fucking christian band. Anyone else noticed?