MIKE PORTNOY Talks JOHN BONHAM. Upcoming Projects At 'Bonzo Bash NAMM Jamm' (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
VintageRock.com conducted an interview with drummer Mike Portnoy (DREAM THEATER, THE WINERY DOGS, AVENGED SEVENFOLD) at the Bonzo Bash NAMM Jamm 2014 "The Ultimate Celebration To The Ultimate Drummer - John Henry Bonham Of Led Zeppelin", which was held on January 23 at The Observatory, in Santa Ana, California. You can now watch the chat below."Bonzo Bash" is the "celebration show" that John Bonham freak/worshipper/drum lifer Brian Thomas Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, OZZY OSBOURNE, BILLY IDOL) put together to pay tribute to the one and only drummer he has never stopped listening to and being inspired by since he was 10 years old.Portnoy last year told Drum Guru about the impact Bonham had on him: "John Bonham is one of my all-time biggest drum heroes. In fact, I have his cymbal tattooed on my leg. He's influenced every drummer that picked up a pair of sticks beyond the '70s." He added: "The reason John Bonham sounded that way is because he was John Bonham. It was him that made those grooves sound the way they did. I don't know if there's ever been a drummer that really duplicated his feel."

More...