TESTAMENT's GENE HOGLAN Plays LED ZEPPELIN At 'Bonzo Bash NAMM Jamm 2014' (Video)

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Fan-filmed video footage of legendary extreme-metal drummer Gene Hoglan (TESTAMENT, DEATH, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD, DARK ANGEL, DETHKLOK) performing during the Bonzo Bash NAMM Jamm 2014 "The Ultimate Celebration To The Ultimate Drummer - John Henry Bonham Of Led Zeppelin" on January 23 at The Observatory, in Santa Ana, California can be seen below. "Bonzo Bash" is the "celebration show" that John Bonham freak/worshipper/drum lifer Brian Thomas Tichy (WHITESNAKE, FOREIGNER, OZZY OSBOURNE, BILLY IDOL) put together to pay tribute to the one and only drummer he has never stopped listening to and being inspired by since he was 10 years old. In an interview with DRUM! magazine, Hoglan said: "The very first song I learned to play was 'The Rover' by LED ZEPPELIN. Not that I was a huge Bonham fan, but that drum beat at the beginning was a really cool drum lick." To this day, Hoglan has never had a drum lesson in his life. The one time he did submit to a lesson, it turned into an embarrassment for the would-be instructor. "I did a few double-stroke rolls and he was like, 'Um, I can't even do that, so I don't think this lesson thing is going to work out.'"

More...