Mike Romeo in new guitar world cd-rom

YOur duel could be quite interesting "The Chosen One VS. The Keeper Of Truth"

Idiosyncratic events :D

Wow :p

and lady of the oracle...

well (sry for that but...) if someone posts something idiotic (like you (jax) did, I tell what I think about it, so don't play the god because you are not able to tolerate criticism...

Maybe you understand me...
I searched in every shop and didn't found it and you told me that I should make an effort to get it?...

I shouldn't be saying this, but I'm feeling I'm going to be punished somehow... I don't know... maybe banned, anyway...

Jax usually plays hard, I don't like her way of running a forum, I run a forum myself (well, nothin' prog-SympX-metal related anyway) and I know how hard is to deal with some members. But you know, yelling and playing God (like someone said before) will not help. Do more and talk less. Please, I believe most of the users hate when words like "idiot" appear, or people who do not tolerate criticism, and being that way make you not quite fine to run a forum, or be in a forum at all. Like I said, do more and talk less. If u think a user deserves banishment or some punishment, just do it and DON'T FORGET to explain the reason. Don't need to come here and say "oh, look how powerful I am, you better cut it out or I'll kick your *ss!".

Jax has already locked some posts of mine (like that one asking WHEN, for the LOVE of GOD, will SymphX come to Brazil!) with apparently no reason, I couldn't even get an answer of why my topic was blocked at all! This isn't appropriate, Jax. So take it easy, especially with the newbies. Symphony X forums there are a lot, although this is the official. Remember that building this authoritary image of yours could even burn the good reputation of the band, since you appears to be personal friend of them.

I don't care if any users will agree with me or not, in fact spare me of flaming. This is just my opinion, and I believe it to be an appropriate time to say it.

That's all.

I think he should be banned for acting like an idiot himself when calling someone else an idiot. Hypocrisy is a bad thing.

On this matter, i see nothing wrong about what Jax did. (i can not comment on the previous events that R. Allen mentions.)

But yes, it is an idiotic act of Wchuck. And why the hell should such events ruin the reputation of the band? If so, such people (whose admiration for the band would be decreased because of such events) are not welcome by me!!!

Oh suck JAX's ***...(sry but it is so)
Everyone is scared of getting banned so no1 says anything that could displease Jax... What a wondeful forum...
So I called him idiot, maybe not the fine english kind, but I told you the reason... But Jax could hear it so lets be on Jax's side no matter whats the fact...
And nice that you think a rebellious act is idiotic...

Why would i be scared of being banned? :tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

Honestly, i have been a rebellious person in all my life... My reason to offend your attitude is not because you are rebellious... Never mind...

†Russel Allen†® said:
I shouldn't be saying this, but I'm feeling I'm going to be punished somehow... I don't know... maybe banned, anyway...

Jax usually plays hard, I don't like her way of running a forum, I run a forum myself (well, nothin' prog-SympX-metal related anyway) and I know how hard is to deal with some members. But you know, yelling and playing God (like someone said before) will not help. Do more and talk less. Please, I believe most of the users hate when words like "idiot" appear, or people who do not tolerate criticism, and being that way make you not quite fine to run a forum, or be in a forum at all. Like I said, do more and talk less. If u think a user deserves banishment or some punishment, just do it and DON'T FORGET to explain the reason. Don't need to come here and say "oh, look how powerful I am, you better cut it out or I'll kick your *ss!".

Jax has already locked some posts of mine (like that one asking WHEN, for the LOVE of GOD, will SymphX come to Brazil!) with apparently no reason, I couldn't even get an answer of why my topic was blocked at all! This isn't appropriate, Jax. So take it easy, especially with the newbies. Symphony X forums there are a lot, although this is the official. Remember that building this authoritary image of yours could even burn the good reputation of the band, since you appears to be personal friend of them.

I don't care if any users will agree with me or not, in fact spare me of flaming. This is just my opinion, and I believe it to be an appropriate time to say it.

That's all.

Get ready, this is gonna be rediculous, but I have my reasons for this.

I really disagree with (cross) Russel Allen (cross) (R in the O) on alot of his points. Some of them he's right on, but others he's really wrong.
Wchuck did call Jax, who is the moderator of this forum, an idiot. I'm all for freedom of speech and shit, but this forum isn't a democracy. We don't vote for moderators. So calling Jax aan idiot does deserve some punnishment, even if it's bannishment for just like an hour or something. She didn't go all Iron Fisted Tyrant and bannish him for a month. No. She let wchuck off, because he's new, and most likely didn't yet recognize Jax's position in here.
The way I see it, Jax isn't running this like a concentration camp. This forum is and has been running just fine, since I joined. I've only seen shit happen only twice, and both issues were about Symphony X's music being pirated. (Or the 2nd one was at least.) I don't know how many of you caught that thread that lasted like a half hour, that had a link to a place where you can download the Guitar Chapter. I caught it.
Anyway, I'm not gonna point e-fingers at the person who did it, but I, and probably also Jax, know(s) who the person was, but I don't think he/she was bannished. And saying that I took advantage of this link (and I'm sorry that I did. kindof.)probably won't get me banned.
The whole philosophy of "Do more, talk less" is good, except for one thing: Talking to people never hurt anybody. On the Kamelot forums, some of the moderators are some of the most frequent posters, and it runs just fine. If my band gets big enough that we require an official forum, whoever we get to moderate it, (knowing my obsession with forums, it'll probably be me.) I'll tell them to be cool about it and to talk a bit. I myself feel like things go more securely whenever Jax posts.
About Jax's locking your threads and posts about Sym. X coming to Brazil, there was most likely a reason for it. I can't speak for her, but it was probably because they seemed more like complaints rather than just straight up questions.
Thats pretty much all that my mind can come up with for now, but the reason I'm doing this, is because I really don't think that Jaxx is doing a bad job. And Yes. I am aware of how many people posted thoughout the span of my typing this.

Period.

@Wchuck

If what he/she did say to you was wrong (it is discussible, but not the point), is it sth proper to call him/her idiot? Did you have any personal problems before? Why did you call him/her idiot? Did you mean this, or did you say such a thing just out of your anger? If latter, why didn't you state this later? If not, what you said is not something i can approve...

Normally, I love how threads, within the span of half a page and in the blink of an eye, can go from one thing, to another subject entirely. This time is an exception, because I don't normally like to get too serious and take sides. I really didn't want to take sides, but I really do think that Jax does a fine job moderating this forum. I really want to let it go, but this'll stick with me all night.

well Jax personally offended me and when he posts such an idiotic answer I call him idiot, maybe a bit exaggerated but as it seems no1 really understands why I did but I'm happy that he didn't ban me, a nice act, and I won't tell him idiot again but I ask Jax not to post such a arrogant post again, especially if he doesn't know whats actually the fact...

wchuck said:
and lady of the oracle...

well (sry for that but...) if someone posts something idiotic (like you (jax) did, I tell what I think about it, so don't play the god because you are not able to tolerate criticism..

Maybe you understand me...
I searched in every shop and didn't found it and you told me that I should make an effort to get it?...

And I told you that the press date on it is November 22, so maybe you should wait until after that date before you proclaim it unfindable; it may be that only those who subscribe to the magazine have access to it before November 22.. Pay attention & don't be so quick to be insulting.

†Russel Allen†® said:

That's all.

If I were power hungry and had a God complex and couldn't tolerate criticism, I'd have thrown the guy out. As it was, I suggested he not call people names, especially the moderator of the forum, and explained to him why I thought it was premature to beg for stuff other people have to pay for.

I mentioned my position here because it only makes sense. Example: do you walk into someone's home for a party, & tell the hostess she's an idiot? I doubt it..& the same idea works here. That's the only reason I worded it the way I did; it sure as hell wasn't some power play.

That said, I run the forum the way MJR wants it run, & have been doing so for years now, so I don't guess I need lessons, but thanks anyway. :) I don't make the rules, I just enforce them; we didn't even really HAVE rules here until some members ASKED for them, & MJR has had me expand on them as time as passed & things have come up.

Lastly, I don't recall locking your tour topic, nor do I recall you asking why, but I'm sure there was a valid reason. My apologies if I missed a private message from you about it.

Thanks for your input. :)

wchuck said:
well Jax personally offended me and when he posts such an idiotic answer I call him idiot, maybe a bit exaggerated but as it seems no1 really understands why I did but I'm happy that he didn't ban me, a nice act, and I won't tell him idiot again but I ask Jax not to post such a arrogant post again, especially if he doesn't know whats actually the fact...

Please stop being so defensive for a moment and listen to what I am telling you. I was not being arrogant, I had good reason for saying what I did to you. Let me lay it out in simple steps.

The street date on the magazine is November 22.

Usually, subscribers receive their issues before that date.

Usually, the magazine does not appear on the shelves until that date.

So unless you are a subscriber, of course you won't be able to find the magazine because it's not November 22 yet.

So as I said before, maybe you ought to wait until after the 22nd, look for it then, and THEN if you can't find it, ask people to help. Saying that you can't find it now makes no sense, because it's not even available yet unless you're a subscriber.

There..make more sense now?

Oh, two more things. One, I wouldn't have banned you just for calling me an idiot..despite what some may think, I'm not that big a control freak (I really do have better things to do than throw my weight around on a message board). And two, I'm not a he.

Have a good weekend. :)