Opeth - Ghost reveries
Scott Walker - Scott 3
Van der graaf generator - Pawn hearts
Nightingale - I
Jeff Beck - Truth
Comus - Song for Comus
Charlie & Esdor - Same
Roger Glover - Butterfly ball

its a pretty good selection he has there.

King Crimson and Van Der Graaf are no brainers...and classics.

Charlie And Esdor is a new release of classic material, and very essential.

The Comus 2 disc set is a great release for those unable to obtain the great progressive/folk bands material in its entirety before

Scott Walker....sort of an edgier frank sinatra of the UK in the late 60s...also essential material...his first 3 albums i highly recommend.

Jeff Beck - Truth...easily his best album, pretty diverse and featuring the great vocals of early Rod Stewart...check this out if you enjoy classic bluesey rock.

Roger Glover...classic rock fans will recognize his name as the bassist for deep purple. This is his album featuring guest musicians...also great classic rock.

And obviously the last 3 are solid metal releases most should be familiar with.

TheButcher said:
King Crimson - In the wake of Poseidon
Nile - Annihilation of the wicked
Opeth - Ghost reveries
Scott Walker - Scott 3
Van der graaf generator - Pawn hearts
Nightingale - I
Jeff Beck - Truth
Comus - Song for Comus
Charlie & Esdor - Same
Roger Glover - Butterfly ball

wow...i know almost all of these records...my fave there would be VDGG...they rule!

NineFeetUnderground said:
its a pretty good selection he has there.

King Crimson and Van Der Graaf are no brainers...and classics.

Charlie And Esdor is a new release of classic material, and very essential.

The Comus 2 disc set is a great release for those unable to obtain the great progressive/folk bands material in its entirety before

Scott Walker....sort of an edgier frank sinatra of the UK in the late 60s...also essential material...his first 3 albums i highly recommend.

Jeff Beck - Truth...easily his best album, pretty diverse and featuring the great vocals of early Rod Stewart...check this out if you enjoy classic bluesey rock.

Roger Glover...classic rock fans will recognize his name as the bassist for deep purple. This is his album featuring guest musicians...also great classic rock.

And obviously the last 3 are solid metal releases most should be familiar with.

thanks for the mini-descriptions :Spin:

Nile definitely rules live when they play stuff from the new record, fuck all that older crap.

In the wake of poseidon is such an awesome record...I think it just may be the 2nd best king crimson next to the debut. I actually haven't heard that Van der graaf record..but I have godbluff and h to he who am the only one...that and still life are definitely next on my list. Comus fucking rules...