Milwaukee Summerfest 2010!

That story STILL chaps my hide so many days later.
Seriously...RUSH is one of the hardest working touring bands of all time....of all genres.

I am sure if it was safe to go on, RUSH would have done so.

I don't think this cat is as much of a fan as he is leading people on to believe that he is. A true fan, or any true music fan, would understand the situation and know that things happen beyond the control of the band or venue.

As you said, I doubt this guy will win.

Whenever a concert is rescheduled, there is always a refund option.

I thought i read somewhere that some equipment shorted out, but regardless the guy is no fan, just a publicity whore.

Events being modified last second suck. I remember when the fiancee went to a Torchwood (BBC show) convention for a weekend with "John Barrowman and friends" and 1/2 the advertised guests couldn't leave the UK due to freak medical issues then one of the two who did fly over got struck by a bicyclists and knocked into a mailbox. So people paid $2500.00 to see Barrowman do a cabaret show and got a supporting actor with an acoustic guitar and a boombox playing blues. The end result? Letters to the State Attorney General because the *promoters* told people it was after the clearly stated refund date and the most they could hope for was discounts to the next clusterfuck. No one said a word about suing Barrowman or the doctor who ordered him not to fly. Nor did they attempt to go after the actor who allegedly cancelled because his girlfriend had a miscarriage pretty much as he was packing. It was insane to go after them and there was technically no legal ground so my fiancee went to Legoland, saw a few other sights which were not Lego-related, and made a few new sci-fi knitting buddies.

My hope is this lawsuit falls on its ass and is tossed out quickly. If it actually gets somewhere, I don't want to think of how the promoters will twist it into an excuse to screw bands.