Missing Solo from "Hope Leaves"??

TheTwighlightIsMyRobe

New Metal Member
Jul 14, 2008
So this is a strange post but I was listening to Damnation while studying and it struck me how kind of odd the bridge/solo section in "Hope Leaves" is. Right around 2:24 when the drums drop out and the guitar tone changes, there's a brief segment with what sounds like the start of a solo and then it kicks back in to some lead guitar with the same tone and riff that's present for the rest of the song.

Does this sound to y'all like there may have originally been a longer solo section in there that got cut out, or have I been studying neuroscience too long? :zombie:

So this is a strange post but I was listening to Damnation while studying and it struck me how kind of odd the bridge/solo section in "Hope Leaves" is. Right around 2:24 when the drums drop out and the guitar tone changes, there's a brief segment with what sounds like the start of a solo and then it kicks back in to some lead guitar with the same tone and riff that's present for the rest of the song.

Does this sound to y'all like there may have originally been a longer solo section in there that got cut out, or have I been studying neuroscience too long? :zombie:
Maybe you were expecting a longer solo or sth...but Opeth music is unpredictable, that's what makes it unique

Right around 2:24 when the drums drop out and the guitar tone changes, there's a brief segment with what sounds like the start of a solo

Seriously, there's really a bug in the mix at that moment. Never really noticed about it, but now that I'm paying attention. I don't think there was a solo there, but it was just a mistake when cutting tracks.