Mix Critique/Feedback

Hey there,

any more info on how you tracked the whole thing? Did you only track one guitar? If not, pan those guitars on 100/100 stereo, if you already did (I don't hope so), use EQ to get a wider stereo-field. Your snare got a wider stereosound then your guitars do. Which amp-sim did you use to record the guitars?
Did you record a bass? If you did, bring it up in the mix, your work is lacking some low end. If not: Record a bass.
Use automation on your drums. Your snare is too loud in some parts (single hits in slow parts), but gets buried in the blast-part. Diversify your midi-drummer: Some toms would be a good addition to the sound, add snare-samples with different velicities to your mix.
Let your guitars eat some meat, see if you can get some low / high mids in the mix (depending on your whole setup).

Best regards,

Downy

Hey there,

any more info on how you tracked the whole thing? Did you only track one guitar? If not, pan those guitars on 100/100 stereo, if you already did (I don't hope so), use EQ to get a wider stereo-field. Your snare got a wider stereosound then your guitars do. Which amp-sim did you use to record the guitars?
Did you record a bass? If you did, bring it up in the mix, your work is lacking some low end. If not: Record a bass.
Use automation on your drums. Your snare is too loud in some parts (single hits in slow parts), but gets buried in the blast-part. Diversify your midi-drummer: Some toms would be a good addition to the sound, add snare-samples with different velicities to your mix.
Let your guitars eat some meat, see if you can get some low / high mids in the mix (depending on your whole setup).

Best regards,

Downy

Yeah bass was recorded, it came through really strong on Cubase but not so much on the mixdown.

guitar process was gate >eg with low pass filter>compression with 20 attack >sovtek amp sim > cab with 2 god cab impulses > EQ to boost mids > maximizer.

Guitars are also double tracked - i've always struggled making my guitars sit louder and sound fatter in the mix, any tips on how to accomplish this?
Any changes i should make to the guitar set up ?