Mix Depression?

Hahah, yeah.. thats what i mean.. impossible!
Imagine saying/explaining that to a band!!
But i must say the writing stuff down while listening back/and A/Bing stuff to a bounce of the mix is quit helpfull! Thanks!
Nice to have such a forum :)

a good nights sleep

i find this to be the best thing when hitting a brickwall with a project

just leave that shit alone, go sleep, watch a movie, chill with your friends, drink some beer....do anything but even THINK about what you're working on

then come back to it with fresh ears and an open mind, and you'll probably be in a much better position to make some creative progress

i know this doesn't work for guys like andy, but most of us here don't do this shit for a living

Go outside and smoke a joint, and then come back in and listen. Everything that's not right will jump right out and blatantly sound like shit. I'm not kidding. Then either tough it out for 5 or 6 more hours to fix it or take notes like Andy said (I take mental notes) and get some sleep.

Go outside and smoke a joint, and then come back in and listen. Everything that's not right will jump right out and blatantly sound like shit. I'm not kidding. Then either tough it out for 5 or 6 more hours to fix it or take notes like Andy said (I take mental notes) and get some sleep.

ive done that many a time.
sometimes it really works, and you get in the zone.
or if you over do it/ have some serious chronic, i find that i just get all giggly and think everything sounds great

Worst case scenario:
Your mix sounds so much better than anything else.

Go to bed! Now! :)

Seizure listen.
Save your current projects.

then open them and save them on a other name but still so you know what is what, now here it coms.
from that diffeent name project. REMOVE ALL PLUGINS EVERYTHING AND SHIT.

Now start all over again with mixing.

First of all, always when I read this thread title I get a shock, because I just mixed a band called Depression :)
I think I will post a sample soon.

@burny
Yeah, there is no other sollution as going to bed if it sounds better than everything else :lol:

Really interesting to read all the experiences, but I don't think I will try out smoking a joint o_O

Really interesting to read all the experiences, but I don't think I will try out smoking a joint o_O

That's a personal choice, obviously...But it works. You may be surprised at the number big league guys do that, too.

What if your always smoking a joint.....

I guess I should try NOT smoking one for a bit and then have another go at it.:)