MIX MY BAND`S ALBUM![4 cash] [great metal with pirate solos]

wow, lots of posts, cool!

I checked it ou myself, the kick isn`t placed correctly. on the kick track, trim the intro, then move the track back -1.01.00.070 (cubase). or just, really, it makes sense, when the blast starts, the kick is fast too. just move the first long fast kick to the start of the blast. trim back the intro, done. (sry bout that guys)

guitars are not crossfaded, like I said, nothings perfect yet but it`s fine for comparing mixes...
here`s the tempotrack if you still need it www.dargolf./fel/dope_tempotrack.smt (it doesn`t start on the ONE, but if it bugs you, just ad a bar in front)

@dcb: yeah, well I think it`s OK. but it`s just not KILLING yet. if you know what I mean. I tried to get close to the Nocturnal sound (tbdm), but it`s soo hard! and my band mates are saying it sounds really shitty on pc-speakers. it has to sound good everywhere... just want to see how other people will shape the sound. but thanks ;-)

The song needs a lot of editing but since you're interested in the mix, here's mine:
mp3

Cool song. I hope you'll like my mix. Cheers!

Yeah, just the di for now, but I can experiment with some of the other tracks. The guitars have a lot small eq cuts here and there. For the snare I tried something different: I kept the original snare and added a mix of Andy's and some other snare samples to the trigger track, then sent them both to a group with eq and compression.

The toms must have gone out of place when I imported the tempo track, I forgot that I cut some parts of the tracks.

I think it's better if you post good consolidated tracks and a tempo map.
Put the kick where it should be, write a tempo map that everybody can read (not an smt file for cubase users only).
I think it's a good song to mix...but I wanna mix it, not edit the export's mistakes :)

why do you need a tempotrack if you dont want to fix smth? I don`t want anybody to fix anything.., I know there are mistakes.

the bassdrum thing sux, but I didn`t notice that till now, and I`d have to upload everything again, which takes me 5h !!
I have time on monday, I`ll update the shit then

Here is my go....

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/610605/Sneap Forum.mp3

The mix may be a touch to bright, so be warned. I just got the UAD Pultec Pro and had to test it on the master and I may have over done it a tad on the highs. :heh: Let me know if you think so and I will fix that real quick.
Also there is a lot and I mean a lot of editing that needs to be done to this song. I only did a little over a minute because you would need to pay me to do more. Enjoy!

Here is my go....

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/610605/Sneap Forum.mp3

The mix may be a touch to bright, so be warned. I just got the UAD Pultec Pro and had to test it on the master and I may have over done it a tad on the highs. :heh: Let me know if you think so and I will fix that real quick.
Also there is a lot and I mean a lot of editing that needs to be done to this song. I only did a little over a minute because you would need to pay me to do more. Enjoy!

i was gonna give the mix a go, but you did it about exactly like i would have done it, so there is absolutely no point for me even to try now hahaha
good job:headbang:

I think your original mix already sounds great. You only need to bring up the vox a bit and apply some delay as well in some places.