MIX MY BAND`S ALBUM![4 cash] [great metal with pirate solos]

haha cool phil, the vocs are on time and shit, lol! did you use two vocal tracks over eachother or only one?
we sorta kicked our singer because he`s just not good enough, doesnt practise etc.
now we have a new one (at least for the record). we`ll be recording him next week! really stoked. he`s gonna do this song too.

btw I posted the tempotrack and the fixed kick track

haha cool phil, the vocs are on time and shit, lol! did you use two vocal tracks over eachother or only one?
we sorta kicked our singer because he`s just not good enough, doesnt practise etc.
now we have a new one (at least for the record). we`ll be recording him next week! really stoked. he`s gonna do this song too.

btw I posted the tempotrack and the fixed kick track

I used two tracks in parts hard-panned, two in others central and single track sections where I thought it would sound good. I had to split up the vocal passages into grunt/scream sections though.

Mix is still far from perfect but to be honest even mixing in Reaper (which tends to be more CPU-efficient than Cubase a lot of the time) this track sends my PC in to full-force schizophrenic fits without much provocation. :p

To be brutally honest I think these tracks need a LOT more attention before they go to be mixed by whoever. There are a large amount of bad edits & very obvious punch-ins throughout. There were sections on the drum tracks where the stereo image drastically pulls to one side due to one of the hihat/ride/china tracks being inconsistant with the rest of the tracks. Almost like a mic had been moved prior to punching in a section. And the bass wasn't the easiest to work with as it suffered from clank-mania. I had to fuzz it up to hell to make it sit pretty in the mix...

To be brutally honest I think these tracks need a LOT more attention before they go to be mixed by whoever. There are a large amount of bad edits & very obvious punch-ins throughout. There were sections on the drum tracks where the stereo image drastically pulls to one side due to one of the hihat/ride/china tracks being inconsistant with the rest of the tracks.

well, what can I say? our drummer isn`t perfect. but like I said, that`s automation stuff. still to come. but, honestly, if someone listens to the song, I don`t think their gonna say "hey, the drums sound weird because of blabla..

well, what can I say? our drummer isn`t perfect. but like I said, that`s automation stuff. still to come. but, honestly, if someone listens to the song, I don`t think their gonna say "hey, the drums sound weird because of blabla..

True, but they might notice all the clicks and pops on the guitars & bass. Playing-wise I didn't have any issues, it's better than many people I've recorded!

Hey guys,

Some pretty impressive mixes on show. I'm proud of y'all.

I'd give this a spin myself but I'm snowed under at the moment, so it doesn't look likely. Still, it's just as fun listening to the work you guys are putting up. Keep at it! :D

downloading right now....225mb and no DSL, good god :D

great song though! i'm definitely looking forward to giving it a shot!

Here's my quick attempt at it

Click

It's not automated yet and i'm not sure if the drums are a little overpowering or not (time to give my ears some rest) and i'm not sure about the bassguitar sound. I didn't put the vocals in (yet!) cause i was having a hard time mixing those correctly. To be continued!

Edit : Updated the mix with vocals and automated the tracks, the vocal effect in the beginning was pretty much an accident while i was moping around with effects. But it came out really cool i think :)

working on this track right now.....still need to clean up the drums and get the vocals in shape. guess i should be able to upload a sample tomorrow ;)

one quick question though: what amps did you use for guitars? sounds great to me!
well, and while we're at it, what's the bass amp?