Mix test for upcoming EP I'm about to be writing and recording

setyouranchor

Celestial Recordings
May 17, 2010
North Wales, UK
Me and a friend of mine have decided to write a 5 track EP this summer as were both musically deprived. This is a mix/master I have been working on in preparation. Pre production I guess. Ignore the shitty song writing, it was just for the sake of tone testing blah blah blah

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7188427/SneapMix3.mp3

We're going to be looking for vocalist and our main resource is probably we going to be right here. We don't want to be gigging or anything, just an internet based thing to keep us entertained! If your interested hit me up, or try something over this for fun.

This probably ISN'T going to be the very final mix and master (obviously) but a long these lines. Eventually all guitars are going to be re amped through a 5150, orange 4x12 with v30s. But until then, any feedback is appreciated!

Bit thanks to timislegend for helping me so much with this :)

Me and a friend of mine have decided to write a 5 track EP this summer as were both musically deprived. This is a mix/master I have been working on in preparation. Pre production I guess. Ignore the shitty song writing, it was just for the sake of tone testing blah blah blah

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7188427/SneapMix3.mp3

We're going to be looking for vocalist and our main resource is probably we going to be right here. We don't want to be gigging or anything, just an internet based thing to keep us entertained! If your interested hit me up, or try something over this for fun.

This probably ISN'T going to be the very final mix and master (obviously) but a long these lines. Eventually all guitars are going to be re amped through a 5150, orange 4x12 with v30s. But until then, any feedback is appreciated!

Bit thanks to timislegend for helping me so much with this :)

this is supper good man, what are you using for guitars right now? snare sounds good :)

this is supper good man, what are you using for guitars right now? snare sounds good :)

edit: id have so much sex with Natalie portman..

Thanks a lot man! Guitars are nothing special at all really, usual pod farm set up just for pre production/tracking purposes until I re amp. Just some mild EQ. HP/LP to 9k and 95, small scoop at around 400, cut 4 k out, small scoop around 3k and a tiny boost around 5-6k. After that its just a multi band comp for the low resonant frequencies on the palm mutes and a limiter, not cranked too hard though.

Damn I pretty like this guitar tone actually. Mind sharing it?

All details are there dude ^^

Can't wait to hear this reamped. Will sound awesome. Btw I like the songwriting :D

Me too dude. This probably wont be a song on the EP haha it was just quick 30 minute session for pre pro work!

Also, just a reminder for people to try some vocals on this if they're interested

I'd give a try for the vocals if only I had a proper mic to work with. Only have my SM58 at hand, and by experience, it doesn't work well with me in a mix context. Will have to pass on this one :p

Thanks a lot man! Guitars are nothing special at all really, usual pod farm set up just for pre production/tracking purposes until I re amp. Just some mild EQ. HP/LP to 9k and 95, small scoop at around 400, cut 4 k out, small scoop around 3k and a tiny boost around 5-6k. After that its just a multi band comp for the low resonant frequencies on the palm mutes and a limiter, not cranked too hard though.

All details are there dude ^^

ill have to figure out what all those numbers mean. ;P

kickass production dude! what do you use to find your resonant frequencies on guitars? Do you just use a parametric sweep or do you mess with the multiband until it sounds right? what kind of ratios, attack/release settings do you use?