mixing help needed! (podxt + dfhs)

Wow! I liket it very much! Did you get this tone right from the PODxt or did you use impulses, post eq and plugins on the master bus?
really liked it!

*edit*
Actually you don´t need advices, you should give´em! Amazing tone man! Congratulations! Mind share your secrets? : D

Thanks for your opinion!: ) If i would tell you the process, I d have to kill you all :rofl: Hahah, absolutely not. Because this clip is so simple built as hell :rofl:
I would gladly use posteffects that you ve mentioned, but whenever I try, it gets worse :D thats why I need advice, I m not so good in mixing :\
so this is how i recorded this:
drums are dfhs, started from "sonor of metal preset" + few month of torture with it : )
the bass is a vst, ewql hardcore bass, but I dont care really much about the velocity, so if I d solo it, it d be horrible, i bet! haha: D but at least it gives the bottom of the thing.
so the guitars... only the pod, via usb into pc, only two mono track, 100-100 panned, and anything else:) the tracks are recorded with the same preset.
(here s my "core tone III"-> this is the preset i ve used)
I tried to effect with bbe sonic maximizer, waves req6, q10, ssl comp, but any big difference...If you have any idea what posteffect i could use, tell me : ) thanks and greetings!

Mendel, I ve seen your vids, they were quite useful : ) ty!

daaaaaaaaaaaaamn dude!!!! that sounds badass!!!!

dude, the SSL is your friend!!! give the guitars just a little compression, and bring up the 8k just a little bit, it gives the guitars a lot of cut, and makes them really stand out in the mix. other than that, i'd say do a low pass on the cymbals to bring the brightness down a little bit so they shimmer. then that mix would be just AWESOME. \m/

That's a pretty good tone from a POD. Just two suggestions to turn it into a totally crushing tone (sorry Oz LOL)... try Splat88's curveEQ's that he used with his Gearbox tone (ammazzzing sound) or turning off the POD's cabinet emulation and use GuitarHack's cabinet impulses. It's all really subjective. Really good start though!

And welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much for the patch and info. I didn´t understood if you used the "bbe sonic maximizer, waves req6, q10, ssl comp" on that clip or just tried´em and gave up. I probably wouldn´t change a thing on that tone and I´m trying to copy it here : P
Maybe you could try the SSL E-Channel strip for filters and a bit eq. But anyway, as I´ve said, it´s rocking the way it is now. Thanks again.

Thank you very much for the patch and info. I didn´t understood if you used the "bbe sonic maximizer, waves req6, q10, ssl comp" on that clip or just tried´em and gave up. I probably wouldn´t change a thing on that tone and I´m trying to copy it here : P
Maybe you could try the SSL E-Channel strip for filters and a bit eq. But anyway, as I´ve said, it´s rocking the way it is now. Thanks again.

yeah man! i ve just trying, no effect on the guitars!
that splat88 curve eq, how does it work? which plugin do i need to instert that preset?

The plugin is Voxengo CurveEQ. You just have to open the file that Splat88 made on the plugin. Note that you need version 2.1 or later, otherwise it won´t work. I use it on 2.6. Here´s a quick test. The first take is only your patch doubletracked and hardpanned. The second take is the same tracks but with Splat88´s CurveEQ.

The plugin is Voxengo CurveEQ. You just have to open the file that Splat88 made on the plugin. Note that you need version 2.1 or later, otherwise it won´t work. I use it on 2.6. Here´s a quick test. The first take is only your patch doubletracked and hardpanned. The second take is the same tracks but with Splat88´s CurveEQ.

Thanks man!! It makes difference! You can add some plus bass or less high to the patch i guess, because my guitar or its pickup sends very lowy sound compared to the other guitars, maybe this is why almost all the custom presets sound muddy on my rig... whatever, thanks for the test! :) I m now gonna dig in to that curve eq! :kickass: