Mixing of new track, opinions and advice welcome

sonnywinston

New Metal Member
Aug 3, 2008
Hey,

I'm getting to the end of recording and mixing our EP and i'd really like some feedback before the mixes go out to mastering.

Its melodic metal, and is mixed with headroom.

Anything you can hear in your speakers/phones that i can't in mine? Anything I need to be aware of with the mix to make it easier for a better master? (hope that makes sense, my brain is fried!)

CLICK HERE

I'm using Pro Tools MPowered (nooob with it still) delta 44 Omni, Tannoy reveal 5a, beyer dynamic DT150

Also, the gang chants still need sorting please and the guitar leads re-amping.

We recorded it all ourself so any tips/advice is welcome!

Thanks!

Great song man ! Very 36 Crazyfists-ish.

The production is cool but it seems to me that you should roll back the snare + cymbals/hihat/ride volume a bit (the rest doesn't sound loud enough IMO).

Thanks a lot man

i had issues with the snare, not very much control since it bled all over the OVH's which meant i found it hard to get that snappy sound without turning it up - i shall bust out a mix later with the aformentioned elements turned down.

Anyone else?/ I'm especially looking for pre-master tips

Imo i think the guitars and bass can come up a little bit. It also sounds as if the guitars could use some more fullness. I think the vocals are maybe too dry and they seem a little too loud. And the snare is too loud also imo. Other than that it sounds good. I like the song a lot.

ITS DONE!

Go to our myspace at - WHISPER IN THE RIOT CLICKY

4 tracks are up for another couple of days and i've put up a big old recording blog you may or may not be interested in

go check it out and let me know your thoughts!

thanks,

Sonny