MMX concerts -

I don't know if the Scorpions will play the USA soon?
But this is one hell of a set list from one their shows ...

01. Coming Home
02. Loving You Sunday Morning
03. Make It Real
04. Is there Anybody There?
05. Lovedrive
06. The Zoo
07. Coast To Coast
08. Pictured Life
09. Backstage Queen
10. Life's Like A River
11. Polar Nights
12. Robot Man
13. Send Me An Angel
14. Holiday
15. 321
16. Rhythm Of Love
17. Bad Boys Running Wild
18. Hit Between The Eyes
19. Kottak Attack
20. Alien Nation
21. Blackout
22. Big City Nights
23. Still Loving You
24. Wind Of Change
25. In Trance
26. Rock You Like A Hurricane
27. When The Smoke Is Going Down -

I just saw Opeth at the Wiltern in LA last Friday, the 9th. Fuckin' awesome...it was my 7th time seeing them and the best because they played all of Blackwater Park as the first set, then played 8 sweet tracks the next set.

1. The Leper Affinity
2. Bleak
3. Harvest
4. The Drapery Falls
5. Dirge For November
6. Funeral Portrait
7. Patterns In The Ivy
8. Blackwater Park
9. Forest of October
10. Advent
11. April Ethereal
12. The Moor
13. Wreath
14. Hope Leaves
15. Harlequin Forest
16. The Lotus Eater.

The swedes (fan video tapers) got a TON of videos on youtube of their show. Hopefully more vids. of the LA show will be on there, I'd love to relive it.

^ Oh yes, Opeth 20th Anniversary concerts were nice. Blackwater Park in it's entirety and then from the second part when they played Advent, April Ethereal and The Moor, was outstanding. What a show.

Not from LA, but from Lichtburg, Essen. The Funeral Portrait

Last edited by a moderator:
In Sept.(in my part of the world) Roger Walters will be doing 'the Wall' in its entirety(building a 250' x 35' wall, then tearing it down)
last time I saw/heard Roger in concert he did 'Dark Side of the Moon'
BTW my favorite Pink Floyd cd is 'Wish You Were Here' -

Faith No More play Philly in July :)
Katatonia are back in September.

I don't really listen to either, but will go for an experience :D

I also intend on seeing Hypocrisy with Hate in May sometime. I of course definitely want to see this upcoming Dark Tranquillity tour and there was another show I wanted to see but can't remember right now.

Crazy!

Scorpions-Crazy%2BWorld%2B%5B%C3%96n%5D.jpg

I actually met them this summer in Oregon and had coffee with them.. pretty weird.

If you guys get the chance to see Powerglove you should. They are really good live.. also, Pelican if you are into post-metal type music.

Not sure who I am seeing next as funds are tight. My wish list though.. My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Opeth, Eluveitie (even though they were recently here) currently. Haven't seen them.. come to the US!

Hey Mr. English Professor. :wave: You went to Hypocrisy's concert, right ?

How was that?
Can Peter do his harsh vocals as great as he did in the albums?

Haha yeah, it was a great gig, and Peter can definitely still sing! He looks really hurt by drug abuse, much older than the other guys, but still gave a nice gig.

Here are some pics of the gig, I forgot to post them:

Me with Tomas Elofsson by daniel_josephy, on Flickr

Me with Horgh by daniel_josephy, on Flickr

I wonder why Horgh put his specs before taking the photo? Maybe his sensitive to flashes or something? It was very nice to talk to him, I (kind of) told him in (basic) Norwegian that I had been to Olso and Bergen.

The only bad thing was that some imbecile security guys beat the crap out of a guy, right in front of me. Horrible trauma, and kind of ruined the evening. I was yelling "Stop! Stop!" whilst trying not to get my ass kicked too. Ah poor guy was bleeding a lot :( , he definitely needed some stitches.