mobile phone plans..?

Yeah maybe. I don't exactly mind the pre-paid, but am just thinking about going on a plan if I see a sweet deal, as there is some around.

I am leaning towards Austar at the moment. If you are already a customer, they do an alright deal of $15 per month with $20 worth of free calls, and I get a snazzy phone......but I haven't decided yet. One that gives me a free DVD player or something would be nice lol.

Or, you could not tie yourself into a contract, pay the correct price for the phone, pay the normal price for phone calls, and with the money you save, you can just but a DVD player, what a brilliant idea.

The plan I like involves throwing the phone into a river. That way you pay nothing up front, and get no bills.

Winmar said:
The plan I like involves throwing the phone into a river. That way you pay nothing up front, and get no bills.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stick to pre-paid dude.......I was so glad when my contract expired earlier this year. All the deals sound good, but they are all offset by little catches here and there. My girlfriend and I are with Virgin right now, we get 5c SMS to each other, and a good call rate.
Stick to pre-paid.

The thing about plans is that they are virtually a hire-purchase deal. You end up paying about 1/3 or more extra than what the phone's actual retail price is when you first start using it, and by the time you finish paying it off, it's practically obsolete and worthless.

Your right Gore, but with some plans, they will also give you the amount you pay per month (whether it be $15, $20, $30 etc) worth of free calls/SMS, so if you use about that much, you are basically getting the phone etc for free. Also, the phones only become obsolete to people who care about the next wiz bang thing on the market etc. I still use the old 3210, which is still a great phone and it is much older than 2 years, which is what most of the contracts length is. These days, the only new features they are putting on phones is cameras/games/mp3 players/crap that has nothing to do with the PHONE, so if all you want to do is make calls, SMS, etc, then they don't go out of date that quickly.

Btw, apologies for being no help, and nothing but a smarty pants in this thread!

Sprucey, exercise some self-control mate!