modded 2203...highgain!

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
damn, seems to be 2203 week here ;)

A Client of mine just brought me the 2203 I modded for him like 5 years ago (he wants to play blues now, so asked me to undo that mod ;) ).
I can't remember anymore what I did to it, but it has shittons of gain, lol.

these clips are recorded with the 2203 pregain on 6 (=1:00 o'clock)-no boost...and there's plenty more if anyone would need it ;)

as I said, I dunno what I did exactly, but I'll find out and than do it to the next 2203 I get...brutal thrash with more gain than a Rectifier, lol.

doubletracked

MArcus' Holy Diver

downtuned quadtracked

settings are the same on all the files...was too lazy to tweak anything

the quad tracked clip sounds incredible
2203 clips up the ass from you recently, i like it :D

could be done switchable I guess, but would be pretty tricky since I've apparently changed all the anode and kathode resistors and added some caps etc.
I actually regret having to undo it...would be cool to have an unmodded 2203 to trade him for this

could be done switchable I guess, but would be pretty tricky since I've apparently changed all the anode and kathode resistors and added some caps etc.
I actually regret having to undo it...would be cool to have an unmodded 2203 to trade him for this

If you do undo it, please write down what you had originally done? I love that sound, and always like to keep tabs on different 2203 mods.

I just told him how cool it sounded recorded and that you guys dig it, so he told me to wait for now, he's thinking about getting a second amp for clean (he's planning to have a clean amp and use some pedal for distortion)...If I had money I'd actually buy it from him, lol.
But I'll perhaps open it again anyway and see what I originally did to that amp to make it reproducable....

:headbang:

Sounds awesome!

What settings where used at the amp? thx

What cab and which signal chain were used for the clips?

Killer!

:headbang:

Sounds awesome!

What settings where used at the amp? thx

Do you think an unmodded 2203 + boost can get close in sound?

What cab and which signal chain were used for the clips?

Killer!

thx.
Cab was Recto std miced with a single sm57

settings:
pres: 4.5
Bass:8
Mid:3.5
Treb:6
Preamp:6
Master:3 (this amp is louder on3 than the recto or 5150 maxed!!!)