boosts for JCM800 2203 - Shootout

Lasse Lammert

HCAF Blitzkrieg
Feb 12, 2009
www.lasselammert.com
hey lads...
just put a couple of different boosts in front of my 2203...
I didn't add too much gain (TS drive on 9:00, Beast (KK boost) on 2 etc).

Since I didn't to any tweaking to the amp (just switched it on and used the settings it was in) I also supplied a file of the amp without any boost, so it's easier to compare.

of course this shootout doesn't say very much, cause some boosts (the Metalzone and TubeFactor) are extremely versatile in their EQ...perhaps you wanna give it a listen anyway:

2203-boosts

remember...I was NOT tweaking the amp for a good sound, I just wanted to try the boosts.

boosts used are:
-Ibanez TS-9, modded to 808 specs
-H&K Tubefactor
-Boss MT-2 Metalzone
-Internal Boost (2203kk Kerry King "Beast")

Unfortunately I don't have my sd-1 here atm

If you get a chance to try out the Danish T-Rex Alberta, do it. It's my favorite booster, compared with a TS808, TC Pre, Sd-2, and the TC linedriver/distortion.

cool, thanks for the tip, I'll make sure to try it soon.
I heard it cuts the lows a bit less than the TS.
is just really just a bit less or does it perhaps not tighten it at all?
cause if it's just a tiny bit less TS than a TS it would be the perfect pedal for me

The big difference between TF and 808 is what Kaomao said about the low mids. Though, I dare to say that my favorite is the MZ clip!!!!!! What settings did you use on the Metal Zone Lasse?

dunno what the level was (knob's broken ;) )...think it was something between 12:00 and 3:00. dist all the way off...all eq knobs on 10:00
(cut some very high highs, some low lows and somewhere in the 800-1k range I guess)....anyway everything on 10:00 on the MZ is the shit

This is a cool shootout to have Lasse.

I really liked the TS808 and I have to say, was quite surprised by the Metalzone. I'd love to pick one up and try boosting my Recto with one.

Have you ever considered trying an MXR zw-44?