• TS9

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • TS9-808

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • TS7-808

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
Nice.

I keep going back and forth here but it's safe to say either the TS7-808 or TS9-808 are my faves. TS9 initially was good for its tightness, but there is something nicer and more sterile/clean sounding about the 808s.

If one were to grab a maxon OD right now and want to keep it true bypass, which would you guys suggest? I don't really want the od808, because it's not true bypass, and I can hear it sucking highend out while in the chain and off, which hurts cleans... I guess the options are OD9, OD9+, and OD820... not sure which to get though

mm i feel stupid, but i can't really apreciate which sound better or worse, i'm using heardphones right now, sony hd4509...
mmm but yes TS9 has an """"ugly"""" fizz in high mids and the others has less """"ugly"""" fizz, in my case i'd take TS7-808 or TS9-808

By the way Lasse, what amp did you use for this? I'm guessing Uber or Recto - also, still waiting on gutshots :D

I'm gonna be honest here and say I noticed very minimal difference between the Ibanez TS's, especially the modded TS7 and TS9. After quite a bit of juggling back and forth with the clips, here's my preference for this particular clip, starting from the best one:

1. TS-9 808
2. TS-7 808
3. TS-9
4. MC402
5. MT2