Modus-Vivendi Review (in german)

Urban breed said:
I read it through. Looked nice, mind you, I don't understand German so he might as well have said my vocals suck. Heh... :tickled:
not "he" - it was me. Although angels are supposed to be "neutral", I am a girl. :)

And I wrote in the review, that (short version) I usually don´t listen to such kind of metal, but it is so good that I made an exception. The music is pretty cool, with tight playing, and your vocals are heavenly above everything else. You are one of the few "Power" or Classic Metal Singers I like. And that I found out just last week. :dopey:

cymianel said:
:yell:
i got tommorow a examination of german
and i don't understand a word from the reviews
i'm in deep trouble :ill:

:headbang:
hm. How long time are you studying german? It´s always with languages, that in the beginning you master everything fine from the books, but when it comes to "written spoken" language, there appear problems. But that is a matter of time, one day you´ll understand this, too :) Good luck for the exams!

Phew... So I don't suck, then... I didn't think that much about gender but I apologize anyway. Should've written 'it might as well' instead referring to the piece itself so as not to make such silly mistakes. ;)

Urban breed said:
Phew... So I don't suck, then... I didn't think that much about gender but I apologize anyway. Should've written 'it might as well' instead referring to the piece itself so as not to make such silly mistakes. ;)

not a problem :) I just had to say it *grins*
And your vocals are truly great! It is very nice, too, that you post here and also I find your homepage well designed *much applause for everything* But for the sake that it doesn´t look like too much praising, Tad Morose is not for me to listen 24/7. Just from time to time =)

Anyways, there are almost only good swedish bands, same as almost only good finnish bands. That´s a nice feature of both countries. :)
It may sound a bit off-topic, but since I surprisingly found out how many metallers like Kent, I would like to ask you this: What do you think about Kent?

Urban breed said:
Not my cup of tea. I think the singer is sort of whining most of the time. For me it's absolutely essential that the singer is a very good one.
okay :)

Urban breed said:
...and btw, I don't listen to Tad Morose 24/7 either :D
:D to which music then? Let´s say
for waking up?
for chilling
for partying
for having background music at work
for simply enjoying music..
for writing something in the NP-list at UM *grins* (well, of those I saw few now)

Waking up: No music, just breakfast.
Chilling: ehg, do I ever?
Partying: I don't. I write, arrange, record when others do...
Background music: Yes, RJD, Bob Catley(Magnum), Coverdale/Hughes(Deep Purple)...
only difference is it's hardly in the background. I can't NOT sing along. :)
Enjoying music: Same as above. You don't want to listen to music with me
as I always sing along if I like what I'm hearing.
Writing NP: Hmmm, might be anything on the file-server...
Most likely Yes at the moment. They really need to release something new now...
I have my periods. Before this Yes thing I played RJD almost exclusively.
...and 'Strange Highways' in particular. :D

to be honest
this is my first year german (i live in belgium)
the difficult thing about german is: i understand it very well (it looks like dutch) but when i have to write german myself it's soooooo difficult

greetings :wave:

btw: the examination was good, i think i got my 50%

Urban breed said:
I have my periods. Before this Yes thing I played RJD almost exclusively. ...and 'Strange Highways' in particular. :D
The song or the entire album? ;)
Great to see you're a fan, RJD is still my favorite singer!

Was Tad Morose influenced by Rainbow/Dio at one time? I think so but I need confirmation ;)

>>to which music then? Let´s say
>>for waking up?
>>for chilling
>>for partying
>>for having background music at work
>>for simply enjoying music..
>>for writing something in the NP-list at UM

That looks likes a good topic for everybody to me. :D

>>You don't want to listen to music with me as I always sing along if I like >>what I'm hearing.

Lol, I do that too. I am always being reminded to quiet down so my friends can hear the music. ;)

Hehe, don't know about anyone else but when I wake up what I was listening to last night is usually still looping in the cd player. :)

>>The song or the entire album?
The entire album. I hardly ever put on just a killer song. It'll have to be an album.

>>Was Tad Morose influenced by Rainbow/Dio at one time?
Among other things, yes.

>>I am always being reminded to quiet down so my friends can hear the music.
They don't do that to me. They know it's pointless I guess. :D

cymianel said:
to be honest
this is my first year german (i live in belgium)
the difficult thing about german is: i understand it very well (it looks like dutch) but when i have to write german myself it's soooooo difficult

greetings :wave:

btw: the examination was good, i think i got my 50%
sounds good :)
And I think for a first year, you can calm down if you can´t read those reviews yet. Aswell dutch sometimes to me is possible to understand (like from TV for example) but I never studied it. I guess it would take me some time for writing it myself, too ;)

Hm. We have a very different taste in music. Maybe then I would not listen to music with you that often anyhow :p Thanks for all these answers btw, you appear like a really friendly guy :) So you are a singalong-worcaholic? ;) Also for concerts of other bands? =)

Let´s see what mine answers are:

for waking up - Profane Omen or something else fast, heavy & aggressive. Or good electro-music.
for chilling - Nightingale for example, or Tiamat
for partying - not so often, but maybe In Flames or Children Of Bodom
for having background music at work - light work: some melo-death. Real work: no music at all.
for simply enjoying music.. - Everything that I will like at that moment.
for writing something in the NP-list at UM - hm. A mixture between promotion and the truth.

Okay Fireangel, I'll add to my list. :D

For Chilling: Fates Warning, Jon Arch: A Twist of Fate, Twisted Motivations
For Partying: I don't really party but when in the mood for headbanging and high fiving I listen to to Tad Morose, Savatage (Hall of the Mountain King is particularly good for this), Hammerfall, or Zed Yago.
Background music at work: Armored Saint, Sword, Crimson Glory. Stuff that relaxes me.
For simply enjoying music: Anything thats good.

for waking up: things like halford or stratovarius or iron maiden
for chilling: gothic metal bands like trail of tears, old the gathering, myriads, the sins of thy beloved, tristania, ...
for partying: some black and death metal bands(dark funeral, carpathian forest, luciferion,...) or finntroll!!
for having background music: black sabbath, dio, savatage, saxon, queen, HIM, guns n' roses and some other (hard) rock bands
for simply enjoying music: especially doom metal things like morgion, my dying bride, insanity reigns supreme, and all the other good bands i know liek tad morose :D

and the radio stations in belgium s*cks :hotjump: