Mojotone speaker cabs yay or nay?

Pot

Mar 31, 2006
Portugal
I owned one of the 4x12 cabs for a few years. It's solid construction, all plywood, and has solid metal side handles. They are modeled after the early Marshall cabs before Marshall started using MDF back panels. I used G12-H30 speakers primarily, and occasionally changed them out for V30's. Both sounded good in the cab.

The cab is fairly lightweight (compared to a Recto cab) and has nice resonance.

One downside is resale value because they aren't one of the top names. But this also makes them less expensive in the first place.

The heavy weave grill cloth is hard to see through (but not impossible) for mic'ing purposes. I replaced it with the modern Marshall black grill cloth so I could see the dust caps easier.

Anyway, FWIW, I liked mine.

Thx steve :)

i´m not interested in resale value...my primary concern is if it´s a quality cab compared with the "big" names out there.
They seem to be well constructed, all birch plywood, and reasonible priced. So makes sense to invest in one...
I´m trying to upgrade to a better cab using the two v30 i allready have and am hoping somemore opinions from forumites overseas as it seems u have more experience with these cabs.

Also the dimensions of a 4x12 are pretty much the same ...

Marshall® Bluesbreaker Style
dimension: 76,5 x 74 x 36cm, (W x H x D)

Mesa Boogie Stiletto Traditional 412
Measures: 77 x 76 x 37 cm (WxH:rofl:)

makes me wonder....and GAS :)