Monitoring Questions

mburton21

Oct 7, 2009
So I bought a pair of M-Audio EX66 to replace my BX5a set, and they turned out to be messed up and so I'm returning them to the store in a few days. Too bad I didn't get to properly test them out, they looked promising and the store isn't carrying them anymore.

I'm wondering if the BX5a's are acceptable to use in conjunction with a decent sub to give a fairly accurate response, or if I should just go for a nicer set of monitors and then add a sub later.

Thoughts? Thanks for you time everyone who reads this.

So I bought a pair of M-Audio EX66 to replace my BX5a set, and they turned out to be messed up and so I'm returning them to the store in a few days. Too bad I didn't get to properly test them out, they looked promising and the store isn't carrying them anymore.

I'm wondering if the BX5a's are acceptable to use in conjunction with a decent sub to give a fairly accurate response, or if I should just go for a nicer set of monitors and then add a sub later.

Thoughts? Thanks for you time everyone who reads this.

why settle for less?

get the new monitors working, equip it with a new sub, sell your old ones and buy yourself a whole lot of fruit gushers.

Paradise.