Need advice on my new monitors

rfahey86

Death Be Not Proud
Jan 15, 2010
Dickson City, Pa
I recently returned my M-Audio Bx5a's under warranty because the crapped out on me. With guitar centers Pro Coverage return policy they are going to send me a check for the amount I paid for the monitors.

I found a good deal on a Samson Servo 120 power amp and was wondering if it would be better to buy the amp and get a pair of decent passive monitors or if it would be better to go back to guitar center and get the same M-Audio monitors?

The Samson amp is only 60 watts per channel and the Bx5a were 70 watts each (Bi-amplified)

Any advice is appreciated. I'm going insane trying to mix with just my headphones.

I have the Bx8a Deluxe and I love them, would trade them in for anything in the price range. M-audio makes good stuff, you probably just got a bad set.

They sounded great for the first few weeks and then one of them started getting quieter. I just turned the other one down to match the volume, used it for a little while, then it started to distort really bad and I had to send them back. I could get the same ones for the same price again i know, but i was just wondering if there would be a sound quality difference in the sound between the m audio and the samson with some decent passive speakers. I guess the question is, single amplifier or Bi-amplified monitors sound better?