Yamaha Hs8 monitors

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
I plan on getting new monitors and I have a small room bedroom where my studio is. I have M-Audio BX5as right now but wanted something better and with better bass. I play 8 string guitar and tune really low sometimes so I want monitors that can handle the low end well. Would there be issues having 8 inch monitors in a small room?

Yeah bigger monitors are going to give you problems in a small room especially if you don't have any acoustic treatment to handle your low end. I use HS50's for my home setup and they work pretty well in a small room. If you're having problems with the low end you'll probably be better off investing in a decent set of headphones rather than bigger monitors.

well I do have a few panels I made and can make more. It's really a matter of finding a way to hang them. It will be hard to hang them since I live in an old house with randomly placed studs. The stud finders don't work. I'm afraid I'll miss the stud and come home one day and find one of the panels on the ground on top of something. Would a sub woofer work okay with my current speakers or would they have the same issues as the larger monitors?

Maybe consider the Equator D8's? Like $750 for a pair.

I have the D5. Just was reading specs and discovered the D8's only go down to 44hz and the D5's are only down to 53hz.

So, according to these specs, I shouldn't be able to hear anything under 53hz? (+/- 3db) I'm going to have to do some testing.