Help needed here. I need a pair of monitors for mixing. My budget: 300$

What do you guys recomend me?

Maybe these

Alesis M1 Active 520

or

M-Audio Bx5a

or

???

Don't cheap out on monitors if you have serious ambitions. It would be great if you save up for Adam a7's or Dynaudio Bm5a but since you'll probably not want to spend so much you can get a pair of Yamaha HS80s or HS50s, Wharfedale Diamond Pro 8.2 or some KRKs

6,5" is ok too, but whatever you get make sure you spend at least half the money for acoustic treatment as well.

ahhh another monitors thread.... seems like theres at least one thread a week that asks the same question. im gonna suggest the yammy hs80 again. others will tell you maudio bx8a. listen to all of them side by side and decide for yourself. if your going with 6.5" ers pair with sub woof, or at least plan to.
I think we should sticky a monitor faq because this is coming up alot!!!

i just got the hs50s as a second set to compliment my event asp8s and i think they are really good for mixing. not the sweetest for casual listening, but thats not their job. i got them for 300.00 at gc and im sure they are as good if not better than anything at the 300.00 price range. im glad i bought them. check them out.

I find it odd that the Yamaha MSP series is considered their flagship, but I hear so very little about them in comparison, especially the MSP 7's. Anyone know what the differences are?

I've got a pair of Alesis M1 Active Mk2s, and I'm really happy with them. I wouldn't hold back recommending those

ive got the passive versions and they sound a hella lot different to the actives, my mate has the active ones as a back up set of monitors, and the actives are alot boomier, the passives i find are alot more balanced. still very good monitors for the price!!

ive got the passive versions and they sound a hella lot different to the actives, my mate has the active ones as a back up set of monitors, and the actives are alot boomier, the passives i find are alot more balanced. still very good monitors for the price!!

What power amp are you using with yours dude?