Monsters Of Rock cruise

I'm old, I'd be up for the Legends of Rock Cruise with Peter Frampton, Gregg Allman, Grand Funk Railroad, America, John Kay & Steppenwolf, The Marshall Tucker Band, Randy Bachman, Ace Frehley, Jaimoe’s Jasssz Band, Uriah Heep, Foghat, The Outlaws, Rik Emmett, Kim Simmonds & Savoy Brown, The Pat Travers Band, The Artimus Pyle Band, The Devon Allman Band :lol:

That one is January 21-26th.

Many of those bands were on the first two Rock Legends cruise. I missed the 3rd one and probably won't bother with the 4th one. But of that line-up, Randy Backman, Foghat (with new singer of course) and The Devon Allman Band are all worth it. I got bored with John Kay and Steppenwolf. Many classic songs but played without any fire. They turned the songs into almost easy listening. The Artimus Pyle Band is OK but basically an exact reproduction of the live Skynrd album, right down to the guitar solos and trying to reproduce Ronnie's singing style. So mildly interesting but overall dull. I do recommend Warrior's Pride (the old Blackfoot minus Ricky Medlocke and the addition of Bobby Barth from Axe). They perform the best of the Blackfoot material and do it very well. I never got a chance to see the classic Blackfoot line-up. While this isn't it, they comes pretty damn close to some good hard rock without trying to sound exactly like the records.

If you stay up late enough, The Marshall Tucker Band can go for hours with extended jamming with guest musicians. So something you won't see everyday.

I fear Rik Emmett's voice is too far gone to truly reproduce any Triumph songs. And I suspect he will only do acoustic shows (solo and Triumph). While I like some of that stuff, a little of it goes a long way. The same with John Corabi on the Monsters of Rock cruise. The only difference is his voice is still strong and he does perform one show fully electric, which this year is called Motley 94. Hell Yeah! I love to see him plugged in and angry. One of the highlights of MoR.

But your mileage may very. :)

One of my bucket list bands I've always wanted to see is Uriah Heep so seeing them several times would make my day. America, The Outlaws would be fun to see. Ace Frehley and Randy Bachman would be icing on the cake. I didnt go on any of the other cruises so it would be a unique experience for me. Only problem would be talking my wife into going.

One of my bucket list bands I've always wanted to see is Uriah Heep so seeing them several times would make my day. America, The Outlaws would be fun to see. Ace Frehley and Randy Bachman would be icing on the cake. I didnt go on any of the other cruises so it would be a unique experience for me. Only problem would be talking my wife into going.

Yeah, Uriah Heep would be nice see, I never have. You can keep Ace Frehley. I never was a KISS fan and his solo stuff is very uneven. I didn't like his last two albums.

Ironically it was the Rock Legends that was my first rock cruise, then the same year I added MoR. I saw Marshall Tucker open for another band and they mentioned the cruise. At this point, I think MoR has the bigger bang-for-the-buck. Even though my musical tastes fit both since I fall into the end of the baby boom generation. And of course, a chuck of PP music fits in their too.

I really like the line up for the Monster of Rock cruise...I'm a big fan of Hair Metal too and I know that I could talk my wife into that one. She's been saying she wants to go on a cruise sometime so who knows. Maybe next year. Too bad I didn't see this earlier, would have loved an opportunity to see LIllian Axe and Babylon AD. I told my wife about this and she's like oh geez...with that tone of disappointment lol. Guess we'll shoot for 2016 and hope for the best.

This was fantastic, really enjoyed it with just some minor setbacks that were already mentioned by 5150; did see Michael Eriksen and met someone from the ProgPower crew but didn't catch their name, otherwise didn't get to talk with anyone from PP, maybe next time. Highly recommended and looking forward to more of these in the future!!!

This was fantastic, really enjoyed it with just some minor setbacks that were already mentioned by 5150; did see Michael Eriksen and met someone from the ProgPower crew but didn't catch their name, otherwise didn't get to talk with anyone from PP, maybe next time. Highly recommended and looking forward to more of these in the future!!!

That was the best one yet. Europe and Extreme did not disappoint. This year the sound was consistently good in the theater, at least back by the mixing board and for the shows I saw. While the pool stage sound varied depending on the individual band mixer. But like the theater, the best sound was a little further back from the stage or even on the upper level (by the mixing board). More about the bands, jams, Q&A sessions later.

I think you ran into Marc Gessford, better known as the VISA guy for PP. https://www.facebook.com/notes/prog...sford-our-festival-visa-guy/10151218804154819 He mentioned talking to another PP member that he hadn't meet before. Sorry I missed you. I wore my green PP shirt one day but otherwise, stuck to light colored Hawaiian shirts during the day (doing my best Glenn impersonation) and Y&T at night. But consistently had my Y&T cap on.

That was the best one yet. Europe and Extreme did not disappoint. This year the sound was consistently good in the theater, at least back by the mixing board and for the shows I saw. While the pool stage sound varied depending on the individual band mixer. But like the theater, the best sound was a little further back from the stage or even on the upper level (by the mixing board). More about the bands, jams, Q&A sessions later.

I think you ran into Marc Gessford, better known as the VISA guy for PP. https://www.facebook.com/notes/prog...sford-our-festival-visa-guy/10151218804154819 He mentioned talking to another PP member that he hadn't meet before. Sorry I missed you. I wore my green PP shirt one day but otherwise, stuck to light colored Hawaiian shirts during the day (doing my best Glenn impersonation) and Y&T at night. But consistently had my Y&T cap on.

Yeah I was thoroughly impressed with the festival, awesome - my favorites were Leatherwolf, Y&T, Europe and Queensryche but everyone I saw was excellent, really looking forward to checking out more of these, amazing...

Did anyone see Krokus? If so, how were they? I have the opportunity to see them in KC Wednesday night and am curious if they are any good...

Yeah, they are still very good. Marc still has a pretty good voice at 63. Saw parts of both sets on the cruise and then the full set with encore in Houston.

Did anyone see Krokus? If so, how were they? I have the opportunity to see them in KC Wednesday night and am curious if they are any good...

I caught both sets. Probably my favorite sets of the cruise along with Extreme. So many great sets though. I really loved Zebra, Leatherwolf, Babylon A.D., Tyketto, Europe, Black Star Riders on the pool stage - just fantastic time all around.

I'm not impressed enough with the lineup of either cruise next year so far to spend the money to go. I'm hoping that the lineup of the west coast cruise gets good enough to get me on board.

I caught both sets. Probably my favorite sets of the cruise along with Extreme. So many great sets though. I really loved Zebra, Leatherwolf, Babylon A.D., Tyketto, Europe, Black Star Riders on the pool stage - just fantastic time all around.

I'm not impressed enough with the lineup of either cruise next year so far to spend the money to go. I'm hoping that the lineup of the west coast cruise gets good enough to get me on board.

Yeah just seeing this, Krokus was excellent, saw all of their Theater set and a bit of their pool stage set, been a long time!

I agree if I had unlimited funds I would check it out again next year - I really like the East Coast lineup so far but still not quite enough for me to spend the money on it, too many other good things I need to save some for but this year was magic...

What do you guys think of the lineup for each cruise next year so far? With Gotthard, Halloween, Doro,, Kingdom Come, JSS, the east coast has my attention. The west cost cruise, not so much even though it would be much easier to do that one.

What do you guys think of the lineup for each cruise next year so far? With Gotthard, Halloween, Doro,, Kingdom Come, JSS, the east coast has my attention. The west cost cruise, not so much even though it would be much easier to do that one.

I like the East Coast lineup quite a bit, with Uli Roth, Akira Takasaki, George Lynch, Gus G., Steve Vai, Craig Goldy, Dave Meniketti, etc you are going to have some real guitar greatness on that one!!! If there is any way I can attend I'll be there!!!

TESLA, STEVE VAI, EXTREME, SEBASTIAN BACH, QUEENSRŸCHE, HELLOWEEN AND MORE CONFIRMED FOR MONSTERS OF ROCK CRUISE: SHREDDERS FROM THE DEEP

monsterscruiseoct.jpg