Moonspell

Moonspell, although not lately, has been a band that likes to "change". Despite their two latest offerings, they changed their sound to keep us fans guessing on what their next albums would be like. It gave us meaning to be their fans because not every song sounded the same. I know I won't have too many agree with me on this, but their best album to date (imo) is 'Sin Pecado' while their worst album (believe it or not, it's not 'Memorial') from their releases is the very very below average album, 'The Butterfly Effect'. I really can't personally classify them on any particular genre, but I would fit them in by saying they play (Metal in Darkness) or (Dark Metal).

They rule!, Period!

I like Moonspell, and Memorial is one of my favourite albums of this year...I finally managed to find the track for Phantom North.

Damn I must have got the wrong end of the stick coz I only own Butterfly Effect and Sin/Pecado, both of which are so utterly disastrous it put me off buying any more of their albums. In fact I think I threw Butterfly Effect in the bin - first time I have ever done that with anything!

Damn I must have got the wrong end of the stick coz I only own Butterfly Effect and Sin/Pecado, both of which are so utterly disastrous it put me off buying any more of their albums. In fact I think I threw Butterfly Effect in the bin - first time I have ever done that with anything!

lol, yeah their other albums are much better than those two.

Great, great band. There stuff has varied over the years, but I like the sound of Memorial very much. The vocals and lyrics are amazing, and the band creates and excellent atmosphere. One of my favorites.

Both of those albums are the worst albums to start off with with the band. The Butterfly Effect is a horrible Nine Inch Nails styled album, their worst album yet. Sin/Pecado I like but it needed time to grow on me. The best album to start off with is The Antidote imo. If not that then pick either Memorial, Darkness And Hope, or Wolfheart (their best but some of the songs will need time to grow on you like Sin/Pecado). Irreligious is a good album but the whole album needs to grow on you at first. Good starting songs include Alma Mater, From Lowering Skies, or Firewalking (one of my top 10 favorite songs).