MORBID ANGEL: Album Title Revealed!

ScottG

Apr 29, 2001
Long Island
MORBID ANGEL: Album Title Revealed! - July 13, 2003
Veteran death metallers MORBID ANGEL have set "Heretic" as the title for their seventh album, due in the U.S. on September 23 (a day earlier internationally) through Earache Records. Having had the working title of "H2K3" from the start of the recording process, the album's true title had remained shrouded in mystery but had been rumored to begin with the letter "H", in keeping with the band's tradition of titling their albums in alphabetical order beginning with 1989's "Altars Of Madness", and continuing through 2000's "Gateways To Annihilation".

"Heretic" was recorded and mixed at D.O.W. (Diet Of Worms) studios in Seffner, Florida and was co-produced by the band and longtime front-of-house mixing engineer Juan "Punchy Gonzalez. The album — the group's ninth overall release (including their 1986 "Abominations Of Desolation" demo and the 1996 live album, "Entangled In Chaos") — marks a return to the fold of bassist/vocalist Steve Tucker, who originally left the band in early April 2001 due to "personal and family problems." Tucker was temporarily replaced by HATE ETERNAL bassist/vocalist Jared Anderson but rejoined the band earlier this year amid rumors of a possible reunion with former vocalist David Vincent.

Excellent. Can't wait for this to kick some ass.

This cover rules.

heretic_big.jpg

http://www.earacherecords.org/bands/morbid_angel/Enshrined_By_Grace.mp3

Good to here that Tucker is back, I didn't know who was going to do vox and that made me kind of nervous, and just because Morbid Angel went on tour with some shitty bands doesn;t mean they now suck, they are one of the originators who still put out fresh shit, PROPS YO! *beats chest with fist*

i've heard the new album Heretic, those disappointed with Gateways can look forward to more intensity and speed, something in the line of FFTTF. Lots of instrumentals too, the last 3 or 4 tracks are all instrumentals, including one fucking amazin 'drum check' track...